Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kodi 18 (Leia) - no longer showing the file path in Movie Information.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Using the latest nightly version of Kodi 18 Alpha 2- Leia

Check on movie information from search result so I can find the path of a file
but it no longer shows the file path in movie information.
Which skin are you using? A screenshot could also help.
@ksooo this could be one for you
(2018-04-22, 16:51)DaveBlake Wrote: [ -> ]Which skin are you using? A screenshot could also help.
@ksooo this could be one for you
I am using the default skin - estuary.
Screenshot of what? The movie information?

It just shows the regular screen.
In the previous V17, if we do a search, and show the context menu > movie information,  we can see the file location path + the filename
e.g. D:\Movies\abc720p.mkv

@madmax2

In your image you have the wrong button highlighted. Highlight the Refresh button. I just checked the latest nightly and it works.

(2018-04-22, 23:00)Karellen Wrote: [ -> ]@madmax2

In your image you have the wrong button highlighted. Highlight the Refresh button. I just checked the latest nightly and it works.

Thanks..
Is there anyway the file path can be shown permanently instead of requiring highlighting the refresh button?

Maybe this could be enable/disable with a setting or advance setting.

Knowing the file location and filename is useful.

Also it would be good if we if when playing a movie and we press "O" to see the player process info,
it would show the file name and file path for that movie.
Roll up your skinning sleeves and code your requirements? Or maybe ask the skinner of the skin you use?
(2018-04-22, 23:32)Karellen Wrote: [ -> ]Roll up your skinning sleeves and code your requirements? Or maybe ask the skinner of the skin you use?

So this is skin design and nothing to do with Kodi?
Can't it be implemented system wide (regardless of what skin used) with some advance setting?
That way we won't need to ask each skinner that we used, to implement this.
 I used the default estuary skin..
Who does that skin?
In the Estuary skin forum there is a requests thread.  There are also actively maintained mods of Estuary as alternatives.  In the end if it's something you really need but you can't convince the wider community you might need to do your own one-off mod.

scott s.
(2018-04-23, 00:08)scott967 Wrote: [ -> ]In the Estuary skin forum there is a requests thread.  There are also actively maintained mods of Estuary as alternatives.  In the end if it's something you really need but you can't convince the wider community you might need to do your own one-off mod.

scott s.
Is there a bugtracker/feature request github for Kodi so we can request this for the core code of Kodi
so it can be enabled/disable with advanced settings regardless of the skin?
Would love to code it myself, but Kodi software is way too advanced for me to even try this.

While it might be good to code something you need yourself, not everyone has the skill or advanced level of coding skill to be able to do.
Similarly, while a lot of people might have power tools, not everyone can build a modern house.

The only thing I can do is request it as a feature.
Create a thread in Feature Request.

Don't expect any response though, it is the first ever I have seen this request, so it won't be considered. This is purely a personal requirement.

It is not a bug, so no need to create a bug report.

The facility to see the path is available and easily accessible.
The only skin design choices core code makes is the type of container the info is shown in (window, dialog, menu) and the items available to be used, what items to use and their placement is purely the skinners choice.
Most likely quite an easy change to do yourself, deleting this line is probably all it would take https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master...o.xml#L507