Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Multichannel OGG playback help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello. I have a bunch of 5.1 .ogg files that aren't playing correctly. For example, the LFE channel plays from the surround left, the center from the front left, etc. Is there a way to correct this? All other formats play correctly. Thanks!
The forum moderators have determined that banned addons (wiki) are present on your system. To receive assistance here, these banned items must be removed. If a clean log is not submitted within 3 days, then the relevant post(s) will be removed after this time.
Almost... you missed one.

23:31:27.298 T:139916199696448 NOTICE: ADDONS: Using repository repository.tknorris.release

When you repost your log can you also provide the MediaInfo result on one of your 5.1 ogg files... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid1707519
Log

Format                                   : Ogg
File size                                : 15.6 MiB
Duration                                 : 4 min 46 s
Overall bit rate mode                    : Variable
Overall bit rate                         : 457 kb/s
Audio
ID                                       : 22590 (0x583E)
Format                                   : Vorbis
Format settings, Floor                   : 1 / 8710
Duration                                 : 4 min 46 s
Bit rate mode                            : Variable
Bit rate                                 : 450 kb/s
Channel(s)                               : 6 channels
Sampling rate                            : 44.1 kHz
Compression mode                         : Lossy
Stream size                              : 15.4 MiB (98%)
Writing library                          : libVorbis (Omnipresent) (20120203 (Omnipresent))
I just noticed all these ogg files have what seems to be a corrupt surround right channel which is completely distorted. I've put in a lot of work & have been creating custom mixes from .mogg multitrack songs using Audacity & decided on using ogg because the flac files end up being larger than the original file. But between Kodi not playing them properly & now noticing the surround right channel is bad, I'm going to re-do them all using flac. Thanks anyway!
Thread marked solved.