Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: QUARTZ - Leia
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21
Wow, that was fast. Thanks so much, and no worries about the new view.

Two more things though, woud it be possible to add the small HD logo that appears after the titles on almost every text list view type to fanart 1 and fanart 2?
And maybe add the Media Info views to the list of hideable views.
EctoOne Wrote:[..] would it be possible to add the small HD logo that appears after the titles on almost every text list view type to fanart 1 and fanart 2?
Added to the beta.

EctoOne Wrote:And maybe add the Media Info views to the list of hideable views.
No can do. Media info 2 is my baby and nobody puts baby in a corner. Tongue
Much appreciated once more.

So, although I really like Quartz because it doesn't require any special addons which on other skins often cause some slowdowns, I still don't like the TV Show shelf. And since I wasn't able to find a way to create a smart playlist that would show only entire Shows instead of episodes, I installed Lazy TV. Which dynamically creates a playlist with the first unwatched episode from every show. And that looks pretty sweet I have to say, but of course it is not official and I have to manually add it myself every time the skin updates.

I really would appreciate it, if (optional) support for LazyTv could be added. I have made this quick edit, if you want to get an idea about it. The option will only show up if LazyTV is installed. But of course I would understand if you won't add it.

And again, another small suggestion. Hide the Kodi Logo when the Add-ons or the Kodi menu is selected and shelfs are set to be hidden. That would make my home screen even more cleaner. Smile
(2019-03-12, 20:56)EctoOne Wrote: [ -> ]Hide the Kodi Logo when the Add-ons or the Kodi menu is selected and shelfs are set to be hidden. That would make my home screen even more cleaner. Smile

You don't need me for that. Tick the 'Custom image' option in 'Home media shelf customizer' but do not 'Browse for image'. Poof! Logo is gone and this method is durable from one update to another.

Haven't had time to form an opinion on your other suggestion yet...
Ahh, nice, thanks for the tip.

I'm currently working on the Media Info 3 view from Confluence myself and simply made a copy of your Media info 2 view because it basically is the same without the animation. And I noticed an issue with images for movie sets on that view and Media Info. 

Media Info (1) doesn't show the posters, the title and the plot (which defaults to Movie set), almost every other view does have those infos.
Media Info 2 does show the poster but sadly doesn't show the fanart after a while, like the normal movies do. And it is also missing the title and plot
@EctoOne

Changed my mind on HD badges for fanart views. Don't like the clutter. Will leave the code in there if you want to uncomment it yourself.

Re: LazyTV. Yeah, going to pass on that. I'm still ripping out vestigial code support for defunct add-ons. Not a trend I want to reverse.

Will probably submit the update this weekend.
What about addons which aren't defunct, just resting a while?

In all seriousness what does it mean to have this code taken out? Suppose an addon rumored to have expired suddenly lives again, what happens then?
@nonJon I think it would look cluttered if there where SD badges as well, but just the HD badges are fine IMO. Without them the Movieset Badges are so out of place sometimes. But since you are leaving the code available that is good enough for me. 

Because of that I also have no problem that you won't add LazyTV support. In this case I can simply change the path to the playlist without adding the code for the settings menu.
I have a question I can’t seem to sort out, read all the pages here. Like the skin a lot thanks for the work! When selecting a view on either skins like list or big list. The information will wrap text to the second line on big text. On quartz I can only get it to scroll. So if I click on list I have to wait to read everything if it doesn’t fit in the very short window. Usually I can select big list and it wraps the text which is useful at times. Is there a way to edit from scrolling to wrap for list or big list? Thanks!
(2019-04-01, 15:37)Maxoli Wrote: [ -> ][..] Is there a way to edit from scrolling to wrap for list or big list? Thanks!

I'm afraid not. The second line in Big list is hard-coded to display metadata and the slider box for the regular List view isn't tall enough for two lines of text.

I'm curious what sort of content you favor where this is a pervasive problem? I have rather large libraries of movies/music/tv shows and the percentage of titles that exceed the 40 character limit is exceedingly small; even so, identifying the ones that are truncated without waiting for a title to scroll has never been a problem for me.

Wish I had a better answer for you. Thanks for the kind words and your interest in quartz.
(2019-04-01, 21:11)nonJon Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-04-01, 15:37)Maxoli Wrote: [ -> ][..] Is there a way to edit from scrolling to wrap for list or big list? Thanks!

I'm afraid not. The second line in Big list is hard-coded to display metadata and the slider box for the regular List view isn't tall enough for two lines of text.

I'm curious what sort of content you favor where this is a pervasive problem? I have rather large libraries of movies/music/tv shows and the percentage of titles that exceed the 40 character limit is exceedingly small; even so, identifying the ones that are truncated without waiting for a title to scroll has never been a problem for me.

Wish I had a better answer for you. Thanks for the kind words and your interest in quartz.

Appreciate the response regardless. I really like the simplicity of it and you did an amazing job. I was using a basic version of the amber skin which I was comparing that list view from to it to. Really like the fanart 3 as well. Great job!
Maxoli Wrote:[..] you did an amazing job.

Correction... @pecinko did an amazing job in creating both Amber and Quartz. I'm merely the current caretaker of the latter. Wink
Quartz version 5.4.7 is released. Hope you're as excited about the new features as I am!!!
I just noticed that the thumb seems to be positioned very low on Media Info view for music videos. It is almost completely behind the metadata info (depending on the image size).
Never tried music videos. Do you know of a free/legal source where I can acquire some for test?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21