Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [SOLVED] Kodi v18 "Leia" Alpha 1 not running on AndroidTV 5.1 (Philips 32PFS6402/12)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hallo,

i am using Kodi v17.6 Krypton on an Philips Smart TV with AndroidTV 5.1 without general problems. However, this version has problems with the processing of certain audio signals in some dvbt2 broadcasts in germany, especially LATM-AAC 5.1.

I noticed on an android tablet that these problems are fixed in the new kodi version v18. (very happy)

So I wanted to install the latest version of Kodi v18 on my Smart TV on Android 5.1 also.

The Alpha 1 and also the nightlies can be installed. But when starting and after the message "first run" kodi crashes and can then no longer be started.

Does kodi v18 not work with androidTV 5.1 (Lollipop) ?

And is there a chance that v18 will also be running on androidTV 5.1 in the future, so i hope ?

best regards
on 49PUS7150/12 i cant install Kodi Leia alpha nor nightly. the install button is greyed out.
It is android TV 5.1 latest firmware.
I think thats a bug in that androidtv version. My workaround is :
- Installing es dateiexplorer from the playstore
- download the kodi apk on a usb stick
- copy the apk with esdateiexpl to the androidtv
- find the apk in the es dateiexpl and start it
- in the following window you have first to scroll down to accept the rights.
- now the trick: press the Home Button on your remote and then start es dateiexpl once again
- now the install button is not grey anymore and you can install

Please let me know as it works.
thanks mate working perfectly, now i am installing aplha1.
thanks bro, again
Hi mimokar,

I'm glad that my workaround works for you.

Please let me know if kodi alpha 1 is running after the  installation on your 49PUS7150 / 12 .

On my 32PFS6402/12 i am able to install it, but it crashes after the first run.
it would be very helpful, if someone would still contact, which also has problems with Kodi 18 Alpha 1 on an androidtv.
UPDATE :
With one of the latest nightlies (kodi-20180620-95de5f5b-master-armeabi-v7a.apk i think its an ALPHA2 build) the problem is "Gone with the wind" ;-)
(2018-06-25, 10:48)Schäfer Wrote: [ -> ]UPDATE :
With one of the latest nightlies (kodi-20180620-95de5f5b-master-armeabi-v7a.apk i think its an ALPHA2 build) the problem is "Gone with the wind" ;-)
 Could you put this version of APK to Google drive somewhere else. I mean "kodi-20180620-95de5f5b-master-armeabi-v7a.apk".
Why not try any newer nightly version or v18 alpha2/3?

Usually mentioning this version works means also every later version works too, unless another change broke it again.