Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Video artwork (poster) not showing on Video OSD when playing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello, I'm using Kodi 17.6 (W10 Pro x64) and I've been having this problem for quite some time.

The thing is that all the posters and fanarts display correctly when I'm in Movies or TV Show sections but some of them don't show when I play the video (I'm using Xonfluence skin that allows the "cover"/poster to show on the OSD). I've tried deleting thumbnails and texture13.db files with no luck, still the same problem.

I've also tried with other different skins, same result (Amber and Black Glass Nova).

I've also tried rescanning the info from the scraper, no luck.

I've also tried with a portable version of Kodi from scratch. Still no luck.

Anyone may know where to look to fix this issue? I've searched but all I can find is people who is missing the poster in the Kodi menu, which is not my case since in the menu the poster displays fine and the problem only arise in the video OSD.

Thanks in advance!
(2018-04-27, 13:27)Hawwa Wrote: [ -> ]Hello, I'm using Kodi 17.6 (W10 Pro x64) and I've been having this problem for quite some time.

The thing is that all the posters and fanarts display correctly when I'm in Movies or TV Show sections but some of them don't show when I play the video (I'm using Xonfluence skin that allows the "cover"/poster to show on the OSD). I've tried deleting thumbnails and texture13.db files with no luck, still the same problem.

I've also tried with other different skins, same result (Amber and Black Glass Nova).

Anyone may know where to look to fix this issue? I've searched but all I can find is people who is missing the poster in the Kodi menu, which is not my case since in the menu the poster displays fine and the problem only arise in the video OSD.

Thanks in advance!
 Use Artwork Beef
(2018-04-27, 14:55)movie78 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-04-27, 13:27)Hawwa Wrote: [ -> ]Hello, I'm using Kodi 17.6 (W10 Pro x64) and I've been having this problem for quite some time.

Thanks in advance!
 Use Artwork Beef 
 Thanks for the advice. Any more info you can share about Artwork Beef? The thing is that I'm not missing the poster, it's correctly displayed in the menu but not in the Video OSD...

EDIT: So i've tried with Artwork Beef option "Add missing artwork" and same result. Poster is not showing on video OSD.
No one? Nothing? No idea?
@Hawwa. Are you using local files or .strm files?
Sounds like a skin issue.  A quick look appears there are some settings in Xonfluence that determine what gets shown when full screen video is playing.

scott s.
I'm using local files only. Tried with different skins, same result...

Thanks for asking!
In xonfluence skin settings / scripts / go to extra artwork and turn off logo and clearart, and see if that makes a difference.

scott s.
Thanks for the suggestion.

Tried that, artwork still not showing. In fact I've tried every possible combination in that section (scripts/extra artwork) with same result every time.
Anyone?
Nobody? No clue?
I have the same problem in Leia RC4. It does not matter what skin I am using. It is driving me crazy.
(2019-01-01, 20:41)hellrider77 Wrote: [ -> ]I have the same problem in Leia RC4. It does not matter what skin I am using. It is driving me crazy.
 What "same problem"?  The original problem/question concerned a specific skin that displays a poster in the video OSD window.

scott s.
Poster doesn't show up when playing bluray folder or bd iso. It is not related to any skin I might be using. The result is the same. No movie title. No movie info and no movie poster when playing video. Just like in this https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2737068 above post
Same problem here - would love to know how to fix it. Bugged me for a long time and has always been the case with .iso files (at least for me).
Pages: 1 2