Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Cannot add external repository or zip file
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This is LibreELEC (official) 8.2.5 on RPi2.am

I want to add this VPN manager: https://github.com/Zomboided/service.vpn...stallation

I go to System / System Settings / Add-ons / Unknown sources and enable it. Just to be sure, I reboot.

Then I go to Add-ons: on the main pane I see five icons: My add-ons, Available updates, Recently updated, Install from repository, Search

If I press Enter, the left pane has Video add-ons, Music add-ons, Program add-ons, Picture add-ons, My add-ons, Download, while the main pane has the same plus several others, like Add-on repository, Web interface, Services, Audio encoders, Context menus, Audio decoders, and so on.

Nowhere can I see how to download a zip file Sad
You download the zip file outside Kodi and put it onto your device. You can do that via a PC or similar and transfer using a USB stick - that's the easiest way of doing it on a device like a Pi which doesn't have a web browser itself.

Then use the install from zip option to install that repo, and from there install from repo to actually install add-ons from it.

On the page you linked, click on the repository link in "•Download and save the repository here : Repository " and then the repository.zomboided.plugins-1.0.0.zip asset link to download the zip file.
Thank you. I did as you suggest, but nothing changes: even after sticking the usb key in the Pi, I cannot see any menu entry or icon for installing from a zip file.
Which skin are you using? It should be there between install from repository and search (it is on my LE 8.2.5 Pi3).

Maybe a debug log (wiki) could shed some light.

Also maybe try doing whatever updates you have waiting (select available updates in the menu and do them).
To receive meaningful assistance you will need to provide a full debug log.

The instructions are here... debug log (wiki)

If you are using the Basic Method, then ensure the following is applied...
1.Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging,
2.Restart Kodi
3.Replicate the problem.

If you are using the Advanced Method ensure you have correctly created and applied the advancedsettings.xml file.

In both instances, you should see the word DEBUG throughout the log.

Note: Full logs only. No partial or redacted logs
Do NOT post your logs directly into the forum. Always use a paste site like pastebin.com. Post the link to your pasted log in the forum
I do not know how to change a skin, this is the default one. I checked, and there are no add-on updates waiting.

I enabled debugging, rebooted, went to the Add-ons menu using the down-arrow and pressed the right-arrow few times.
There is nothing to reproduce, I just do not see the "Install from zip file" menu entry or icon...

Then I logged in via ssh and I pasted /storage/.kodi/temp/kodi.log at https://pastebin.com/hV6yAsrv

Thanks for your time!
The log was more to confirm the skin and system set-up, but there's nothing unusual or problematic that I can see in there.

I'll ask the LE team members if they can have a look and perhaps suggest something.
From the main menu click Add-ons then you will see the add on categories on the left (Video add-ons etc) and above there are 3 icons, click the left hand box shaped icon which will take you to a list where one of the options is Install from zip file.
That's it! Thanks.

I clearly hadn't tried all possible options, but I spent quite a lot of time trying what I believed were all the possible options...

I suggest this last passage be made clear in the wiki.

Thank for all your work on Kodi.
Thread marked solved.