Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Best low cost android smartphone for kodi
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello friends,

I am looking for an android smartphone (budget: 200€, tolerance: 50€) to use my personal media library with kodi in my home network.

Any suggestions?
Not really.  While Kodi will run on Android phones, it's designed for a 10' viewing experience (the living room).

But just about any Android phone will run Kodi as long as it has good firmware.  I had to pick up a Motorola E4 prepaid (for about $40) last year due to my regular phone getting broken and it works well for Kodi.  You can pick up a unlocked E4 on Amazon for about $120.
A Motorola Moto G5 costs about 149 euro around here, and was promised to be upgraded to Android 8.0 at some point. It has stock Android 7.0/1 I think.
(2018-05-03, 01:06)Klojum Wrote: [ -> ]A Motorola Moto G5 costs about 149 euro around here, and was promised to be upgraded to Android 8.0 at some point. It has stock Android 7.0/1 I think.
Same with the E4, but I don't know what is and isn't available in different regions.

It's a fairly decent phone, just don't expect to take any great pictures with it.
Thread moved to hardware
My spare Android smartphone (for Kodi) is a Samsung galaxy A5 2015 model.

No issues at all so far.