Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Is there a Download Manager for Kodi?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My internet data is metered to 10GB/month during the daytime.  I have 50GB of "Bonus Bytes" during the hours of 2 am to 8 am.  Currently I use a download manager in Windows 10 to schedule video downloads during those hours and then view them in Kodi.  However, it would be more convenient to be able to schedule video downloads directly in Kodi.  Does such an Add-on exist?  
Thanks
(2018-05-06, 19:28)Ed76 Wrote: [ -> ]https://www.kodinerds.net/index.php/Thre...wnload-It/
 Thanks!
I installed "Download It" and it shows on the menu.  However, I can't figure out how to schedule the downloads.  Are there any instructions in English?
"Download It" doesn't appear to have an option to schedule the downloads.  
Are there any Add-ons that have the ability to schedule the downloads?  
Thanks
What are you trying to download, where from and via what add-on in Kodi (as vanilla Kodi has no such option)?
YouTube would be an example.  Currently I use a download manager in Windows on a different machine to schedule downloads from YouTube into a shared folder so I can view them on the Kodi machine.
On that specific one there's the youtube-dl module and the youtube-dl control add-on which might serve your needs, although for such things personally I just do like you and use a Windows program outside Kodi for the task.
I installed youtube-dl and it does not have the ability to schedule downloads.  
I put in a feature request though.  I'll see what happens.  
Thanks
Is there a way i can download movies from my addons to my movies file on my home page without a external hard drive?
(2018-09-06, 11:22)robertcrawford Wrote: [ -> ]Is there a way i can download movies from my addons
And which add-ons might those be? Please note that you have accepted our forum rules (wiki) involving video piracy.

By default, Kodi does not have a download option.
(2018-05-06, 19:28)Ed76 Wrote: [ -> ]https://www.kodinerds.net/index.php/Thre...wnload-It/

Are add-ons from here ok to install? Am interested in download it as there isn't a working kodi yt downloader in the official add-ons any more.
(2018-09-18, 19:27)KingsCross Wrote: [ -> ]Are add-ons from here ok to install?
If you read the 1st line starting with [Update] Addon ist wieder aus dem Repo rausgenommen,da der rechtliche Status...., you would know more.
(Loose translation: Addon has been taken out of the Rep again, due to its official status)

Also, as described in the linked Github thread:
Quote:unfortunately we discussed this internally and can't accept your plugin in the official repository.
It exposes add-on authors to potential liabilities and headaches. They may live in a domain where downloading is illegal or a grey area and it's unfair to expose them unknowingly to the risk.
The addon is adding a context menu entry to every addon video listitem without the addon developer permission. The addon author may not want his videos to be downloaded or may already provide such funcionality (which turns a second context menu item redundant). Such functionality should be the addon dev decision.
(2018-09-18, 19:36)Klojum Wrote: [ -> ]If you read the 1st line starting with [Update] Addon ist wieder aus dem Repo rausgenommen,da der rechtliche Status...., you would know more.
(Loose translation: Addon has been taken out of the Rep again, due to its official status)

ok thanks. I guess what I meant was is the add-on in the link ok to use given that its not from the official repo or this forum?
IMO: If you want to use the add-on, it's your choice. Just don't come to us when things are not working.