Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Announcement- Scraping from the TMDB is broken
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Scraping from the TMDB is temporarily broken as the existing API key was revoked by the TMDB. This action is take by the TMDB receiving a revocation request from the MPAA due to illegal streaming addons stealing our API key.

The scapers have been updated to use a new key, in most cases the scraper should automatically update within 24 hrs.
However in some extreme cases the wait to be automatically updated may take up to 72 hrs.

New scraper versions:

TMDB Scraper
Gotham and above 4.1.4
Krypton and above 5.1.3

Universal Scraper
Gotham and above 2.9.8
Krypton 4.1.10
Leia 5.2.5
Perhaps allowing the users to optionally put in their own API keys into the add-on would help offloading the official Kodi key?
You can do it already modifying *.xml for the addon.
C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\addons\metadata.themoviedb.org\tmdb.xml
change verywhere you see api_key= query param replace with your own.
This works but it is not user friendly. I prefer an option to add personal api keys in the app settings.
themoviedb.org only provides API key for developers, no keys being issued officially to be used as personal key in an application.
Hello,
I have updated my scraper Tmdb to version 5.1.3 and it works again.
But I don't anymore receive any image, poster, fanart, etc....
Everything works except for this !

If you know why, can you give me the reason ?
Thanks for your answers .
Cordially
This is really lame news... I mostly used the Universal scraper for IMDB anyway, and even when all the options for IMDB are selected and TMDB are de-selected... it still doesn't work?!

Worst part is that I initially thought it was an issue on my end so I changed a few settings around through the sources manager and then stupidly selected yeas to refresh all media in the path", and it "cleaned up" 900 movies before I realized what I had done. Now I'm stuck with only 1/4 of my movies and I can't import unless I want no images Sad

The painnnnnnnnnnnnnn
And that is one of the many reasons why we constantly insist that users export their library to separate files using the Export function. So little disasters like yours can be fixed in a matter of minutes...

https://kodi.wiki/view/Import-export_library
Hello Kodi Community,

I generated a new API key on TMDB but as aphrodyte i don't have any posters, fanart, etc... when i scrap new files :/

any ideas why please ?

P.S: I'm using Artwork Downloader
(2018-05-09, 13:04)woxxi Wrote: [ -> ]but i don't have any posters, fanart, etc...
If you would have read 3 posts back in this thread, you'll notice you're not the only one.
Whatever changes TMDB has been doing lately, I'm sure this will be fixed in the long run.
5.1.3 is also broken - Posters are no longer downloadable.
Ok, so looking at the link provided the artwork scraper was broken, is broken, will remain broken. Correct?

So does this mean that the is now no means of getting artwork from TMDB for kodi?

All experts please advise. ;-)

-Andrew
@Karellen Actually, thanks for reminding me lmao I have a backup that's only a month or two old
(2018-05-08, 22:32)sergejskr Wrote: [ -> ]You can do it already modifying *.xml for the addon.
C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\addons\metadata.themoviedb.org\tmdb.xml
change verywhere you see api_key= query param replace with your own.
Hello,

i tried this way, but not working ...

Another idea ?
Pages: 1 2