Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: SMB with Xbox One cant connect to windows share?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I discovered the new SMB option and enabled it, but when i add the resource / path /user name etc.. it cant connect to my windows server.

Is the current SMB not compatible with Windows, is this why its not connecting or am I missing something else?

Thanks for any info
Works for me (Win10pro, SMBv1 disabled).
(2018-05-08, 21:36)PHiLiPZ Wrote: [ -> ]Works for me (Win10pro, SMBv1 disabled).
 I'm using Windows Server 2016.. by SMBV1 disabled, do you mean on the xbox side?
I'm using Kodi on Xbox ver Alpha 2 yet don't seem to have the option to add SMB shares ??

I'm very new to kodi on Xbox one
Need to install plugin for that.
(2018-05-08, 22:17)markm75 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-05-08, 21:36)PHiLiPZ Wrote: [ -> ]Works for me (Win10pro, SMBv1 disabled).
 I'm using Windows Server 2016.. by SMBV1 disabled, do you mean on the xbox side?

Server side
can someone tell me how to enable SMB shares on kodi on Xbox One

Ive checked my updates and ver yet dont see SMB support ??

please help
(2018-04-10, 10:00)afedchin Wrote: [ -> ]Image

See Add-on Browser -> My add-ons -> Virtual filesystems
Thanks fir that!

Figured it out just as you replied Big Grin

Funny thing is I have this enabled on my Xbox Kodi installation yet cant add SMB as there is no option for it , thought this was a UWP limitation.
(2018-05-09, 04:10)PHiLiPZ Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-05-08, 22:17)markm75 Wrote: [ -> ]

Server side 
Ah thanks.. i'm assuming doing this wont break existing windows 10 to windows 2016 server smb/shares access.. will give it a shot..
(2018-05-09, 15:29)Humdrumv Wrote: [ -> ]Funny thing is I have this enabled on my Xbox Kodi installation yet cant add SMB as there is no option for it , thought this was a UWP limitation.

You have to add network location before adding SMB source. At the end of the list in Browse new share dialog select Add network location...
I've tried and tried and cannot get smb shares to work on xbox. Ive got the latest build and it even shows my router when I go into smb share but does nothing when I click on it. I've tried manually adding my IP address and router by name and share folders and nothing.
(2019-01-06, 21:32)Chris112784 Wrote: [ -> ]I've tried and tried and cannot get smb shares to work on xbox. Ive got the latest build and it even shows my router when I go into smb share but does nothing when I click on it. I've tried manually adding my IP address and router by name and share folders and nothing.

your router may not support SMBv2/3.
Its supported, I have 2 nexus players and a roku 3 among other devices that all connect using kodi smb
Its auto populating my linksys router when I got to windows smb but when I click on it I get errors
Pages: 1 2