Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Buildbot or Kodi Repo With Builds of Libretro Game Add-ons?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Like the title says, I'm looking to experiment with libretro cores in Kodi 18. I've been browsing for a couple of hours getting caught up on what's going on with Kodi, but I can't seem to find if there's a repo where current builds are stored. I tried to download the most recent Garbear build of the Retroplayer branch of Kodi, but the addons packaged with it aren't working for me. It seems like an architecture issue, as the Garbear Retroplayer build is a 32-bit version of Kodi, while my Kodi 18 install is a 64-bit Nightly build.

I've seen some mention of "just in time" emulator installation, but I can't figure out how to use it. Is that feature not implemented in Kodi development builds at this time?

I'm surprised at how complicated it has been trying to get Libretro cores up and running in Kodi! Then again, the Games menu option IS hidden behind the Konami code for a reason Tongue
Test-builds of Retroplayer with all the cores included are here:
http://mirrors.kodi.tv/test-builds/
I just kicked our build server. Check back in a few hours for a build based on master with all the cores.
That's exactly what I was looking for, many thanks!
Hey Garbear, is this ready and which build for Linux/Libreelec?
Is there any chance that Kodi on LibreELEC (RPi3) pulls the emulator-addons from a Kodi-server?
Atm LE has not all emulators onboard and there are still some missing, like vice, UAE etc. You can't install these emulators, because they are not included in LE.
I reported this already 3-4 times
Thx