Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Movies no longer scan to Library - Fire TV
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi

I have been using Kodi 17.3 on Fire TV for a while now with no issues at all. However in the last couple of days any new movies I add will not scan to the library. I have set the settings to update the library on start up, but nothing happens. If I try to manually Update the Library on Options, nothing happens. When I go to the Files section, I can see the movies I have added, but if I try to scan them to the library, I get a message saying unable to connect to remote server, no information found. I have ensured that the TMDB addons are all up to date and enabled. My existing movies all show as normal in the library with artwork etc, so no issues there.
My video source is a WD My cloud NAS drive which is working as it should (as mentioned above, I can see the movie files, just can't scan them to the library.
Any suggestions would be very welcome.

Thank you
Hi,

a friend and I have the same issue with Kodi 17.3 on Fire TV (FireOS 5.2.6.3) with the TheMovieDB scraper.
I've checked also the related plugins if they're up-to-date and I've tested how it behave with Universal Movie Scraper with usage of TheMovieDB as source, and it doesn't work with this scraper too.
Btw. on my Windows 10 PC with Kodi 17.3 the TheMovieDB scraper works without any issue at all.
So I've no idea what could be wrong or what's the difference between these two installations (PC vs. FireTV)

Hope someone can help us, thanks in advance Smile
Due to our API key being stolen and abused by 3rd party piracy add-on authors, it has had to be cancelled and replaced by a new one.

So the scraper add-on needs to be updated to the new version with the new key, which may take a little while to propagate out via the mirrors. But please check if your TMDB scraper is up to date, and if necessary try forcing an update (go to the my-addons section, press left and select check for updates).

See this thread for more details - https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=331716
Thanks for the detailed information and the fast reply.
(2019-04-22, 19:16)markasanders Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-05-09, 18:27)technosoft2000 Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the detailed information and the fast reply.
Did this solution work?  I have the same problem.
@markasanders

Yes, most people always "have the same problem" and most times it turns out to be a completely different problem.

How about you start a new thread, explain exactly what is happening (or not happening) and provide the information asked for here... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=336969

9 words to describe your problem is completely unhelpful.