Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: SSH host key changed on server, can no longer connect to remote
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I installed a new Linux operating system, and subsequently my original host key file got erased. Reinstalled ssh service, got ssh working by every means, except my Android Kodi 17 won't connect anymore, even though the password I supplied is valid for the remote connection. I figure this will probably be related to the ssh fingerprint not matching anymore, and where other programs usually then prompt "are you sure you still want to connect to this host?" or something like that, Kodi seems to just fail the same way as if the password or ip address are wrong. Neither are in fact, I double checked, and I'm connecting through a domain name pointing to a static ip.

Beforehand I would connect to the internal network local ip address, but I already had to resort to adding a new connection to the external ip address to be able to watch Kodi again and make the same issue as described above go away a previous time. But now again a fresh install, and I'm out of options to connect via yet another way that Kodi doesn't look up and is able to deem a different host than an already known one, so it now always will fail, having a mismatching fingerprint.