Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: issue with mariadb Kodi 17 n 18 windows 10
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So as you know I have used Kodi for quite some time, but of the last week or so it stopped adding tv shows to the library. So I uninstalled everything and got the newest stable s well as Kodi 18 nightly. And we'll now I am here I have used advanced setting to run MySQL ever since I got started... No i am running mariadb and I know your supposed to switch to that in the coming versions of Kodi.

So my new problem that just showed up is I have and am connected to my mariadb running on localhost.. but when I add movies it added them to what should be the sqlite3 DB. I know it connects to my mariadb because it make the all the tables but will not write to them.

Between this and the tv shows not being added I am lost. On and did you drop .strm file support? I have some setup for testing purposes and they work fine in emby but for what ever reason have stopped working in Kodi as well.. I don't even get a playback failure error.

I know you want a log I am sure I will get it later I had to step away I have wasted to many hours on it so far this morning.

Solved: Allow mariadb to install normally in the C directory do not use custom path.
Indeed... A debug log (wiki) would be very helpful to see to which database Kodi actually connects. Smile
https://pastebin.com/Sz83QnX5

that's the log when it actually messed up... where it says the table does not exists I actually does.

I guess I will dig more into it later.. I am just really annoyed at the moment luckly I had just set plex up on the tv shows last week.
sql:
11:49:50.327 T:16780 ERROR: SQL: [Videos_051118109] The table does not exist
Query: select * from movie_view WHERE (movie_view.idFile IN (SELECT DISTINCT idFile FROM bookmark WHERE type = 1))
I see plenty of similar errors... It seems like your database is a little bit broken beyond repair.

Is it possible that your MariaDB kodi user does not have sufficient rights for creating VIEWS on your database?
It's the root user... So that shouldn't be the issue but that did get updated recently as well so I will redo that and see if something go reset try at least get back running hopefully.

Then I will see if it can catch a debug of the tvshows not being added. I am hoping that is from the change in the tvdb api
Double-check the root's user rights anyway, with MySQL Workbench, or some other tool to verify all privileges.
I had some similar MariaDB issues on my own when installing it onto Raspbian.
I did so Kodi will write to it but will not read... And something had blocked Kodi in my firewall so idk I am just annoyed beyond
I fixed it. So just for anyone else in mariadb setup do not select utf-8 as default encoding. I apologize for coming here complaining especially when it is my fault.
Why the heck would UTF-8 encoding be a problem for MariaDB ?!?
Is it another one of those odd bugs?
Yeah it wasn't I got a false positive... Kodi wrote to the database showed all the movies as it should. I close Kodi and when I reopened it it went back to can't connect to the database.

So basically I replied to fast I still don't know what is going on... I guess I will have to go back and set MySQL back up I know that can run on the same machine.

What brought all this on is I set mariadb up on a different PC in my network and have beening using that as the main DB for close to a year. This was my test to see if I would have any issues before removing MySQL and going 100% mariadb.. and well it had be flawless so I uninstalled MySQL on my main PC/server to make sure there was no conflicts then I proceeded with this mess I haven't gotten into. And I can use the test PC but I really have no need for it atm other then just for this... But that is at a different build in my network as I using a peer to peer bridge and shooting down the road to my shop which is where it is physical located.

Either way none of the really matters.. I just have to try to figure out what is killing it... Or revert back.
Solved: Allow mariadb to install normally in the C directory do not use custom path.

After doing so it works exactly as it should.