Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kodi issue on Panasonic TV
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

I am using kodi 17.6 on my htpc (Windows 10 build 1703) , displaying on my JVC X5000 projector (via Marantz SR7011 surround receiver with 2 HDMI outputs) and its working fine.

Two days ago I bought a Panasonic tx-40exw735 4K UHD TV and I can't use kodi on it. When the HTPC boots into windows everything is still fine, windows is displayed normally on the TV. However, when Kodi starts, I either get a black screen or I do get a 3D stereoscopic kind of look together with the message: This application is not rated by nvidia corp. I never get this behaviour with the same HTPC on the JVC projector.

I have been struggling with this for 2 days now but I have no clue how to solve this. The kodi log file shows nothing unusual.

Can you please help me troubleshooting?

Thanks.

Ronald

Have you disabled Stereoscopic 3D in your Nvidia Control Panel?
I just tried, when doing so the result is a black screen when starting kodi.
Ok it turns out I was actually having 2 issues:

1. Disabling stereoscopic 3D in the nvida settings solves the issue of kodi looking like 3D. 

2. Then instead I got a black screen when starting kodi, it turns out when I change resolution from the custom one (23.976 Hz refresh rate) to the native one of 24 Hz refresh rate kodi is working fine! Still I don't understand why the custom resolution is showing windows desktop but changes to a black screen when starting kodi. Any ideas?

Ronald
Perhaps you need a xorg.conf file telling your system what is and isn't acceptable in resolutions/refresh rates when connecting to your TV?
(2018-05-12, 20:07)Klojum Wrote: [ -> ]Perhaps you need a xorg.conf file telling your system what is and isn't acceptable in resolutions/refresh rates when connecting to your TV?
 I am running windows 10 , not linux ;-)
your desktop nvidia settings should be 50-60hz not a custom one. custom resolutions are for playing video files and not for displaying your desktop e.g. kodi GUI.
the video player should switch resolutions and refresh rates.
(2018-05-12, 21:45)Bibio Wrote: [ -> ]your desktop nvidia settings should be 50-60hz not a custom one. custom resolutions are for playing video files and not for displaying your desktop e.g. kodi GUI.
the video player should switch resolutions and refresh rates.
 Good point, never thought about it that way, thanks,

Reason I wanted it was to avoid hdmi resyncs when starting/stopping a movie, which takes a long time on my JVC projector.