Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Why are my TV shows, Videos and Music Videos not showing up in the library??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Help! This is probably silly, but nothing shows under "TV Shows", "Movies" and "Music Videos" in the main meny. I have to go to "Videos" to find my media.

My HD is organised like this:
C:\users\xxxx\TV Shows\each show in separate folders

When I add files in Kodi (Video - Files - Add videos) I do tell Kodi what kind of media it is, and I can see the "scraper" start to prosess the folder.
Nevertheless, nothing shows under "TV Shows", "Movies" and "Music Videos", and no thumbnails or media info at all.
You've set your sources, then you've selected your scraper (probably default), then you're presented with a message to allow the scrape, at which point the meta-database will attempt to enter the titles in the library. Check that you have the latest update of the scrapers, there was an issue with meta-database over run, and the issuing agent declining (settings add-ons updates). The biggest issue with media not scraping into the library is nomincalture  https://kodi.wiki/view/Naming_video_files/TV_shows and enure your movies have the date.

Videos is 'file maintenance mode' for another name and list all content.
If I understand it correctly  this will work:

C:\user\xxxx\TV Show\name of the show (year)\episodes.mkv
(2018-05-12, 18:55)RamsX Wrote: [ -> ]If I understand it correctly  this will work:
In my experience, this format has a pretty good success rate:
C:\user\xxxx\TV Shows\<name-of-the-show>\<name-of-the-show> - SxxExx.ext
Adding the year is optional, there aren't many shows that aired in different years.
If one show does, you can correct it very simply by doing a manual refresh for that TV show.
There are some shows like macgyver, dr who who need a year and it will not disturb the scraper as long it is right. Smile
I never had an issue with Doctor Who, perhaps the scraper just assumed the newer version first.
I'm more for the minimalist approach when it comes to filenaming Smile
Ok, solved😊😊

Can write down what I did, in case someone is interested:
- Renamed my TV shows, including the year the show first started (season 1)
-updated TVDB
-clicked Videos, found my folder, right-click, choose Scan to library, pick the right show if/when the scraper found several series with (almost) same name

Good as gold😊
Thread marked solved.