Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Alternative to Couchpotatoe renamer?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi.

So my Couchpotatoe install suddenly stopped working. To be honest though the only thing I used it for was renaming files I got manually and scraping media data.

Is there a more lightweight alternative that would do the same thing? I keep my file source, as well as Kodi's databases (I have multiple Kodi's on the same network), on a NAS.

Also while on the topic, what exactly needs to in place for a movie to show up on Kodi with correct images? An entry in the database I assume, a folder in a source with the right name structure, and certain files ?What files?
@Kindread

Can't answer your question on Couchpotato alternatives as I never use a renamer.

To correctly scan media into your library you need the correct folder structure and Source, correct naming and correct settings. See the guide here... https://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library

There is the option of using local artwork and nfo files if you have it, but not a requirement to populate the library.