Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBMC not starting.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm starting XBMC via the "KodiDisplayInfo" script (https://github.com/bjoern-reichert/KodiDisplayInfo), and it starts, but at the top of the screen it says "NO KODI ACCESS!"
It also shows the "Kodi" logo, and the current time at the bottom of the screen. I have no idea what the problem is. Can anyone tell me what i'm doing wrong?

Thanks.

EDIT: Ok. I just realized that this script isn't what I thought it was. I have another problem, though. I'm trying to run XBMC on the Zipit Z2 (palmtop computer), and when I try to execute /usr/lib/xbmc/xbmc.bin
I get the "ERROR: Unable to create GUI. Exiting" message. So, my question is this: is it possible to edit the XBMC configuration file(s) and set the resolution for 320x240?
Which versions of the prehistoric XBMC program are you trying to run? (XBMC ended almost 5 years ago)
And on what hardware exactly?

FYI, I don't think that a 320x240 resolution will be supported. And if it is, the whole GUI texts will likely be totally illegible.
The problem is not the resolution but most likely the Xserver / framebuffer / etc. configuration

Post your log please - it will show.

I'd suggest you try with wayland