Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: 17.6 Nvidia Shield Pro - TV Shows not showing under TV but shows under video
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Using the amber skin but willing to use anything.

I have added movies and they show up under "Movies".  I added TV shows and they only show in "Video".

Connected by ehternet to my network and stream media form my NAS (my books).

Thanks for any and all help.  Having trouble adjusting to Kodi from my old XBMC.
In case of suspected Kodi skin troubles, always double-check with the system default skin Estuary.
Apparently your TV shows are not being scraped.
Get us a debug log (wiki) via pastebin.com or similar website.
Here is the debug file:

https://paste.kodi.tv/ubiqekerah

I refreshed the Library but that didn't help.  It did scrape but I only let it scrape local sources.  All my TV shows have NFO files and named with filebot.  They worked great in my XBMC Gotham build.

My media center died so I switched to the Nvidia shield pro.
(2018-05-14, 08:28)wdpcpa Wrote: [ -> ]Here is the debug file:

https://paste.kodi.tv/ubiqekerah
 You need to turn on logging.  Settings > System > Logging > Enable debug logging.

Also, make sure your scapers (TMDB & TVDB) are up to date.
(2018-05-14, 10:03)Tinwarble Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:Here is the debug file:

ubiqekerah (paste)
 You need to turn on logging.  Settings > System > Logging > Enable debug logging.

Also, make sure your scapers (TMDB & TVDB) are up to date. 

Not sure how to make sure TMDB/TVDB are up to date.  I set the scraper to local info only though because I have all my NFO files already from when I ran XBMC on a PC.  I enabled debug logging and scraped again to reproduce any error.  It gave me one TV show.  All series are in their own folders with season folders under them.  Each episode is in the appropriate Season folder.  There is a NFO file in the parent series folder and a NFO file for each episode in the appropriate season file.  Like this:

Ally McBeal (1997) - contains NFO file
  Season 1
    Ally.McBeal.S01E01.Ally.McBeal.avi
    Ally.McBeal.S01E01.Ally.McBeal.nfo
    Ally.McBeal.S01E01.Ally.McBeal.tbn
    Ally.McBeal.S01E02.Compromising.Positions.avi
    Ally.McBeal.S01E02.Compromising.Positions.nfo
    Ally.McBeal.S01E02.Compromising.Positions.tbn
  ETC.

Here is the debug file:

https://paste.kodi.tv/emepidavoq

I so much appreciate the help.
The .tbn extension is indeed from the old XBMC days, it's basically a renamed jpg file, but .tbn is redundant by now.
TheTVDB API/website has undergone some internal changes as well, so any URLs in your local nfo files may no longer be valid.

If you have local .nfo files for your entire video collection as a backup, you could try setting up a new/clean video database (rename the current video database file first), and scrape your collection totally fresh with the online scraper(s). If those TV shows then do show up, your local nfo files will have outdated references.
I want to thank everyone for the help.  

I think my biggest problem is miss reading the questions.  There is a question about 1 file.  I thought that meant each show has its own file and it doesn't.  I think it means all the shows are in one file.  I changed how I answered that question and most things loaded.

As I mentioned before, I already have my nfo files and so I only scan locally.  I have one show that only scanned season one.  Since it is isolated to the show, I think it is a problem with the structure.   And the NFO file.  At some point I will delete it from the library.  Update the names with fiilebot.  Rescan with Media companion.  And then add back to Kodi.

I am probably doing this wrong by doing all the work outside of Kodi and then just adding the movie/TV show episode.  That is just how I learned.

Again, thanks to everyone.