Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Auto boot kodi on starting Philips android tv?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello all :-)
First time poster here! Nowhere near a self coding stage, but I’ve had the fun of editing my own android box with the nymeria mod and adjusting to suit, but I’ve decided to go bigger on my tv recently and picked up a Philips 65 inch ambilight android smart tv :-)

So...I’ve now managed to put on kodi and tweak a few parts to my liking - but what I’d ultimately love is a lovely app that can setup my tv so when I turn it on it automatically loads kodi. I was wondering if such a program exists for a smart tv though? Had it for my android box as all I use the tv for is loading the box to watch my own downloaded movies, stream a few or use live net tv :-), but can’t find something that would do it for the tv...

Hoping someone knows? Thanks!
I don't know how it is with recent Philips models, but since they are Android TV just like SONY with the same SOCs, you can almost have what you want without much hassle. On the first boot after powering up or after restart, no, but in all other cases just power it down when you are in KODI. And if your TV does not reboot itself (which does happen on SONY sometimes, to some poeple more than the others) next time you turn it on it will be in KODI sInce those TVs don't actually power down, they just go to some sleep state.