Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: VIrtual Keyboard on Kodi 17 and 18
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,
please implement a Virtual Keyboard for Enigma2 Linux Receiver (Mutant HD51) remote control, such as (for button 1 = abc      button 2 = def) so that it can be enabled or disabled in Settings?

It's a lot faster typing when searching in YouTube and Another

regards
To the Kodi-Developers please !
this has been supported for 10 years at least.

And how does it work ?
I find this option nowhere
sms input is supported as long as the remote is mapped properly. no option to enable, just relies on keymapping.

Can you please explain in detail how I can do it, I'm still a beginner in this area ?
Start here - keymap (wiki) and the links from that page. Also HOW-TO:Use SMS-style text entry for remotes (wiki).

Also look at the keymap editor add-on in the official repo.

Very trained kodi-team,
you can not somehow integrate into the kodi software so that you can turn on and off in the settings, because the way with keymapping is very complex.

Or is it too difficult to do?

My English is no good, you Speak German ?
It's a little bit of a niche/specific requirement. Kodi is designed for the "10-foot interface" and to be controlled by a media remote (that of the device it's running on or a CEC-compliant TV remote for some devices like the Pi's). Most of them may not even have kodi-accessible number keys, so to keep the core code streamlined the usage of keymaps and add-ons is the simplest way for everyone, so it's there for those who want/need it, but not for those who don't (to keep file sizes smaller and things running more quickly and smoothly).

Sorry personally I'm not a German speaker, but there are other team members who are who may be able to discuss more that way.
kann jemand bitte auf Deutsch Erklären wie die Vorgehensweise beim installieren/aktivieren von Keymap für den Satelliten Receiver (Mutant HD51) wie oben beschrieben ist, über SMS funktioniert.  Muss man da eine SMS verschicken übers Handy ?
mein Englisch ist nicht so gut !
(2018-06-05, 18:59)asdf11 Wrote: [ -> ]kann jemand bitte auf Deutsch Erklären wie die Vorgehensweise beim installieren/aktivieren von Keymap für den Satelliten Receiver (Mutant HD51) wie oben beschrieben ist, über SMS funktioniert.  Muss man da eine SMS verschicken übers Handy ?
mein Englisch ist nicht so gut !
 @all sorry for the german, I am just explaning what to do for SMS-style input.

Hey @asdf11 einfach wie auf Kodi wiki beschrieben eine Textdatei erstellen, mit dem Inhalt (1 zu 1) wie auf der verlinkten wiki unter Punkt 2 beschrieben. (fängt mit <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> ... an und endet mit ... </keymap>). Und als "keyboard.xml" abspeichern. Danach, je nach dem welches Betriebssystem du für Kodi benutzt, unter:

Android: Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/userdata/Keymaps/
iOS: /private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/Kodi/userdata/Keymaps/
Linux: ~/.kodi/userdata/Keymaps/
Mac: /Users/<your_user_name>/Library/Application Support/Kodi/userdata/Keymaps/
LibreELEC: /OpenELEC/storage/.kodi/userdata/Keymaps/
Windows: %APPDATA%\kodi\userdata\Keymaps\
Windows UWP: %LOCALAPPDATA%\Packages\XBMCFoundation.Kodi_4n2hpmxwrvr6p\LocalCache\Roaming\Kodi\Keymaps\

ablegen und Kodi neustarten. Das wars.
@sectune  vielen dank,  du bist mein Rettungsring.