Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Are malicious plugins isolated if xbmc is sandboxed?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have been using this video addon and I keep getting alerts from my vs. that the files in it's cache are malware or trojans. At first I thought it was a false positive but two different scanners are giving me Warnings. The plugin is working like it's supposed too and it has a lot of good content so I hate to get rid of it. I have sandboxed xbmc will that prevent whatever it downloads too it's cache from running outside the sandbox?
@jasonru405

I understand what your question is, but we have rules that state you are not eligible for assistance if you are using add-ons that are banned from this forum... and it certainly sounds like you are.

Which add-ons are you using?
Any add-on run on Kodi has the same access that Kodi has to your machine and your network. There is no internal sandboxing of add-ons.

One of the very many reasons why the use of banned addons (wiki) is a rather bad idea, and those who do so do it at their own risk (and in some cases a known and proven risk)...