Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Vision 2 skin release
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21
Just checked Vision2 on a mates HD XBOX, and the images in the Movie List View are still blurry, which is weird. He's using huge thumbnails for his movies, so I have no idea. Could it be xbmc resizing schema which drops the quality and makes them blurry... any ideas?

Thinking of making any other view types for the movies section, coz I recon that would sort my problem out, LOL!!!
xb2iris Wrote:NineT9mustang, just a quick question...

Absolutely love this skin. Want to make it my one and only but one thing is pestering me... In Movie List View (With Huge Movie Poster in the middle)... I can't get the poster to display in good quality... using high quality (511x763) thumbnails I found on the internet... does the xbmc resize thumbnails or something, coz I can't figure this one outHuh

That'll be because of standard the thumbnail size of 192x192.

You'll need to make an advancedsetting.xml to increase it.

http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=AdvancedSett...umbsize.3E
I tried to Build.bat from svn, but it says the *.xpr are missing.

i'll try the RAR-file
@ChoccyHobNob, Feel free to do weekly builds Big Grin I dont mind at all, Its a great idea and I apreciate it

@Martomo, Thanks for the input bud Big Grin As far as that logo goes, Id love to show it more in the skin, but I dont really want to advertise the Vision name in the skin too much... Maybe we can make it a custom image where you can choose what to put there

@muggsy, Thanks! Did you use it in HD? Or 4:3?

@NickyZero, 14" TV? Wow... Just wow. As far as the squishy txt, hopefully someone out there can give you a fix for it

@xb2iris, one of the best feedbacks so far, Thanks! As far as some of your request, I completly agree, I'm eagerly awaiting for Custom Home Backgrounds... Thats really going to set this skin off for me (Also Home Now Playing)
also xb2iris, about your posters being blurry, like Hithcer said, its because your XBMC is caching them at 192x192, you need to increase your thumb cache, mine is set to 1024. Also, IMDB I'm pretty sure has some good high quality posters, for all my movies a majority of them are high quality and look good, all grabbed from IMDB. Before you scrape, go to SETTINGS, and change the number 192, to 512? That should grab HiQuality ones

@dgm1960, Thanks for the compliments on the creativity... Jezz_X has contributed a lot to the layout (Besides the xml), and he has really made this skin look nice, so kudos to him

@xbs08, RSS Feed, yes...Definitly something we need, Add that to the list Tongue Favorites (If Jezz_X wants to), Maybe favorites can be added as one of the home tabs, as I also like favorites sometimes too Smile As far as the Movie View, Sorry, can't help you there Sad Maybe you can add the Vision1 DVD View to Vision2, but the current Vision2 Full Poster DVD View will be the only one :/

@jochenz, Id say try again with the XPR problem... As you can see theres already been a bunch of people who have been able to use the skin...Let us know if your still having the problem

Well thanks again eveyone for the feedback, Its really motivated me to work on the skin more, so keep those suggestions/compliments rolling in Smile
Can't wait to get home and throw this on my xbox.
I've been using the vision-y themes for a long time and can't wait to try this one.

Keep up the awesome work!
hey!

I just registered to say thanks for the kickass skin.

Its my current skin of choice, I will comment again after I used it a bit!
NineT9mustang Wrote:@ChoccyHobNob, Feel free to do weekly builds Big Grin I dont mind at all, Its a great idea and I apreciate it

@jochenz, Id say try again with the XPR problem... As you can see theres already been a bunch of people who have been able to use the skin...Let us know if your still having the problem

Well thanks again eveyone for the feedback, Its really motivated me to work on the skin more, so keep those suggestions/compliments rolling in Smile

thanks, retried, works like a charm. Doknow why it failed first time.

thanks.
I've done what hitcher said and got some quality posters Smile, but... is there an easier way to get all my posters (highquality) in one go?
NineT9mustang Wrote:Before you scrape, go to SETTINGS, and change the number 192, to 512? That should grab HiQuality ones

I didn't even know different Settings existed for different scrapers.Rolleyes
@matt, Good to see an old vision user! Hope you like the new one

@jochenz, Yea, I've had the XPR Issue happen to me a few times with other skins, not sure why it does that?

@Hitcher, Yea I didn't know either until fooling around one day Big Grin Gotta love XBMC Smile

@xbs08, Well, if you dont mind adding them manually, Heres a rar I just uploaded for ya that contains mostly HiQuality DVD Posters...

800 DVD Posters, TBN Format, 61mb RAR File, Download Here
http://www.rarhost.com/download-q7igeu.html

Edit: If you want me to change them all to JPG/PNG format instead (So you can view them easier in Windows), Let me know and I'll reupload a RAR with JPG's/PNG's
This skin is freakin' sweet. Especially the home screen.

It looks awesome on my SD 16:9 TV. Can't wait to get a HDTV to experience this skin fully
NineT9mustang Wrote:@ChoccyHobNob, Feel free to do weekly builds Big Grin I dont mind at all, Its a great idea and I apreciate it

@xb2iris, one of the best feedbacks so far, Thanks! As far as some of your request, I completly agree, I'm eagerly awaiting for Custom Home Backgrounds... Thats really going to set this skin off for me (Also Home Now Playing)
also xb2iris, about your posters being blurry, like Hithcer said, its because your XBMC is caching them at 192x192, you need to increase your thumb cache, mine is set to 1024. Also, IMDB I'm pretty sure has some good high quality posters, for all my movies a majority of them are high quality and look good, all grabbed from IMDB. Before you scrape, go to SETTINGS, and change the number 192, to 512? That should grab HiQuality ones

Thanks so much man... trying to create the AdvancedSettings.xml and change the settings right now... and as time goes by... u'll get more and more feedback... can't really find any bugs right now coz Vision2 is so dam perfect... but i'll suggest this and that, coz eventually u'll get bored and disseapear, which i can't allow... too much talent man... keep it coming, and can't wait for future updates... maybe i'll mod the title screen and call it Vision3 just to be cool too... LOL!!! l8r
Thanks so much Hitcher and NineT9mustang... thumbs are looking great... one more question... hope I'm not being a nuisance... but, my movie posters overlap the borderlines slightly on either side (seems to be under the texture with the movie info and movie list)... no idea why this is happening... U guys have any ideas... loving the skin now... it's super HOT!!!!!!

I'm using an SD 16x9 display which i think should be fine!
Just got this post on the forum I'm hosting the build on, I'm sure you guys already know this...
[quote name='teh.hippy' date='Jun 24 2008, 09:13 PM' post='2424']
Vision2 just loads a black screen if you have Profiles enabled. Sad
[/quote]
Thanks a lot NineT9mustang!
No need to covert, i can see them fine.

btw movie view gets alot better with HQ posters Smile
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21