Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Media Companion and Ember Media Manager
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i've used media companion to scrape all my data in the past , the only issue is there is no easy way to check for duplicates which is why i wanted to display all my media
in ember. When i loaded all the folders into ember media manager it detected the movies, but also corrupted the data that had been captured by media companion, a few hundred files renamed from .nfo to .info. I've read around and it seemed as though ember does this when there's an issue with the .nfo file however if i just import my movies to kodi it displays everything fine so i'm not quite sure what ember is detecting that is wrong with the .nfo files and there is nothing more annoying that hundreds of perfectly scraped media files becoming useless.
In the settings
(2018-05-30, 20:00)komplex Wrote: [ -> ]In the settings
 This was already unchecked? curious why u need to overwrite the nfo when it works with kodi
Ember can't read NFO with wrong XML nodes inside. MC is known for bad XMLs and has always the same issues:
- empty INTEGER-only nodes like <userrating></userrating>, <top250></top250>, <year></year> etc...
- wrong capitalized BOOLEAN values like YES, NO, Yes, No (only yes and no is allowed by XML rules)

Kodi is very lazy with this NFOs and read it manually node by node. Ember use the .NET XML Serialisation class and this one is very strict. I am not interested in reading out the NFOs manually, so incorrect XML files are ignored.
(2018-05-30, 20:30)videogamingtown Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-05-30, 20:00)komplex Wrote: [ -> ]In the settings
 This was already unchecked? same issue 
If checked than Ember overwrite the NFO after scraping, but can't use bad XMLs anyway.
If disabled than Ember rename all bad XML to *.info as backup for the user.

In both case Ember try to read the IMDB ID inside the NFO to identify the movie for later scraping.