Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Problem with video colour in the newest nighly builds
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello i am using the nighly builds all the time.

Since KodiSetup-20180527-c313e69f-master-x64.exe or newer, the video playback is getting inverted Colours mainly in blue parts.

With older builds everything is fine. If i disable dxva, the Colours are ok again.
To receive meaningful assistance you will need to provide a full debug log.

The instructions are here... debug log (wiki)

If you are using the Basic Method, then ensure the following is applied...
1.Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging,
2.Restart Kodi
3.Replicate the problem.

If you are using the Advanced Method ensure you have correctly created and applied the advancedsettings.xml file.

In both instances, you should see the word DEBUG throughout the log.

Note: Full logs only. No partial or redacted logs
Do NOT post your logs directly into the forum. Always use a paste site like pastebin.com. Post the link to your pasted log in the forum
Hello here, is a log: https://pastebin.com/g3gekUF4

Opened Kodi, and player a mp4 file with wrong Colours. (Avatar)
The same problems are with all files, also tv records, not only mp4.
One more information:

I have 2 PCs with AMD video card. They are using the same drivers Both are are same "generation". 

I also have a surface pro 4. The problem does not exist one the surface. so it seems to be amd related. but with older builds no problem at all. this in new in the latest builds.

It would really be very bad, if from now on, i could not use my amd based pcs anymore, they are fast enough to handle kodi very well.
Another poster has a problem like this running windows 10 1809 beta builds.  IMHO windows 10 1803 is still buggy.  Would be nice if you could roll back to 1709 build 16299.

scott s.
Hello,

i have done a lot of tests, and i can verify it not releated to Windows 1803. Also rolling back is no option.

But i can tell what i have done, an found out:

- I took my Kodi PC, wich has an older OnBoard AMD Radeon HD8670D Grafikcard. Till Kodi Build KodiSetup-20180526-0cc5e0fa-master-x64.exe everything was fine.
- All newer Version the people get blue and like smurfs (hope this is the correct spelling)
- I have bought a AMD Radeon RX 550 - did a driver cleaning for the old onboard chip, and let the new grafikcard install through windows 10 automaticaly (drivers are from middle 2017 via windows update)
- The video is still with the same problems
- I downloaded the newest AMD drivers from AMD and did a driver cleaning and fresh install with the newest drivers from AMD
- Everything is fine with the Colours.

So it is not windows 1803 itself. The problem is: for older grafikcards, there are no new drivers anymore. But why does everything work fine till 26.05. Kodi Builds, and after that, the problems come up? Why are only the newest drivers working? But the problems does only exist in kodi, the new nighly builds, no other video playback Programm has this error.

I know that there has something been changed something bigger, because for example: On my TV Set, with the "working" builds, kodi just starts, with newer builds there is screen refresh, when kodi starts, with the same settings, so the hockup to the video drivers must different now, and causes problems. And no, i do not have set other refreshrates in kodi, than in windows etc.

Installing KodiSetup-20180526-0cc5e0fa-master-x64.exe -> all normal
Installing newer -> the described behaviour.

Hope this helps.
There is also a different handling of the default videoscaling.

in the newer builds it defaults to splin36- optimised, not to automatic.

Quite strange all the tings right now. I like to help, if i can do anything.
Hello again.

The problem was mainly solved in the latest nighly build: KodiSetup-20180604-05a868b3-master-x64.exe

The video is looking normal, no more smurf people, clours normal, even on older hardware /drivers.

So is was not a windows problem, there was something wrong in kodi video player. also the screen refresh, when starting kodi is gone (as i described in a post with the listing of everything i found out).

The only thing i am still wondering, is why spline36- optimised is selected buy default, it should be automatic ( i did not save setting as default, is changed by itself).

Hope my feedback helps a bit.