Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: TheTVDB scrapper not showing any artwork.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I've read through a lot of threads here and know there are currently problems, but is there anyway to get my artwork back?

I've refreshed my TV library (around 450 full series) but the artwork is just not getting downloaded and now I have all blank folders instead of artwork.

I'm running TheTVDb 3.03
(2018-06-02, 07:20)DeDokta Wrote: [ -> ]but is there anyway to get my artwork back?
I guess the first question is: do you still have the artwork somewhere, and how is it accessible?

In all things computer-related, backups are the first line of defence. In Kodi there is the option to do a Video Library Export (preferably using the 'Separate files' option) so metadata is stored in nfo files next to the videos and artwork like posters, banners and thumbs is stored alongside as well.

(2018-06-02, 07:20)DeDokta Wrote: [ -> ]I've refreshed my TV library (around 450 full series) but the artwork is just not getting downloaded and now I have all blank folders instead of artwork.
How did you refresh? If series and episode files have not moved, nothing should have changed in the various databases.If you started with a clean database setup however, then there is the possibility that all references to fanart graphics are gone. That does not explain the "not downloading of artwork" yet.

Since we only have 2.5 lines of bug description from you (which doesn't get us very far), we prefer to have a full debug log (wiki) so we can try to find out where the problem lies.
same here no artwork
Same issue. New TV Show added and no artwork scrapped. Only nfo.
(2018-06-02, 07:34)Klojum Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-06-02, 07:20)DeDokta Wrote: [ -> ]but is there anyway to get my artwork back?
I guess the first question is: do you still have the artwork somewhere, and how is it accessible?

In all things computer-related, backups are the first line of defence. In Kodi there is the option to do a Video Library Export (preferably using the 'Separate files' option) so metadata is stored in nfo files next to the videos and artwork like posters, banners and thumbs is stored alongside as well.

(2018-06-02, 07:20)DeDokta Wrote: [ -> ]I've refreshed my TV library (around 450 full series) but the artwork is just not getting downloaded and now I have all blank folders instead of artwork.
How did you refresh? If series and episode files have not moved, nothing should have changed in the various databases.If you started with a clean database setup however, then there is the possibility that all references to fanart graphics are gone. That does not explain the "not downloading of artwork" yet.

Since we only have 2.5 lines of bug description from you (which doesn't get us very far), we prefer to have a full debug log (wiki) so we can try to find out where the problem lies.

To be fair; I have the same issue since the TVDB scraper has been having issues.
Yesterday I had problems even scraping anything (Update Library)(Could not connect to remote server) on version 3.0.3. That resolved itself over the course of the day. However; now the posters for some series are not being scraped.
The episode information works fine, its just that the posters and backgrounds for some of the series (and its seasons) are blank (i.e Teen Titans Go! and Dragon Ball GT did not work, but Dragon Ball Z and Altered Carbon did? All of these series were new to my DB and had not been scraped before)

Tried using 3.0.2 to no avail. I will grab the logs and see what they say...
I can add local artwork for the main series folder, but the season folders remain blank.
Could someone then please provide a Debug Log.

MeToo is not helpful. I am not having this problem, so I cannot confirm the issue.

Make sure you enable debug mode and restart and capture a scrape.
Sure, here it is.

Log was created by refreshing all the information on a TV Show.

Thanks for looking!
-- Stanislav
(2018-06-02, 08:36)Karellen Wrote: [ -> ]Could someone then please provide a Debug Log.

MeToo is not helpful. I am not having this problem, so I cannot confirm the issue.

Make sure you enable debug mode and restart and capture a scrape.
 Done. For obvious reasons; I anonymized my server details, but the rest is as is (Enabled (component specific) logging, reboot, 'Refresh Information' for Teen Titans Go! --> Ignore locally stored information and refresh from internet.)

Episode info and thumbs are loaded. Posters and backgrounds are not. Manually adding locally stored posters works fine btw.

Let me know if you need more

https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/rYNdfP8PBD/
@Stanislav
Please remove any remaining (ghost) addons/scripts referring to the Exodus addon(s) before receiving further support.
Better yet, start with a new & clean profile. It is usually quicker.
I never used Exodus. Which plugin are you referring to?
(2018-06-02, 09:06)Notna Wrote: [ -> ]Done. For obvious reasons; I anonymized my server details
Because no one can found out that the name of your server is really 'Sheila' ?!
Who cares if the server name is 'Carnaval', 'Lollipop', or 'Uranus'? Smile

DEBUG: Thread VideoInfoDownloader 4011844512 terminating
The scraper seems to download the episode info correctly, but then abruptly stops, and nothing is stored into the video database, as far as I can see. Which is odd.
(2018-06-02, 09:37)Stanislav Wrote: [ -> ]I never used Exodus. Which plugin are you referring to?
08:51:53.572 T:140341301029248 NOTICE: ADDON: script.exodus.artwork v1.0.7 installed
Right. I see it myself. But it is not there when I check the list in Add-ons -> My add-ons -> All. Might it be installed by another plugin and can you tell me which one? I will gladly remove it.
(2018-06-02, 09:39)Klojum Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-06-02, 09:06)Notna Wrote: [ -> ]Done. For obvious reasons; I anonymized my server details
Because no one can found out that the name of your server is really 'Sheila' ?!
Who cares if the server name is 'Carnaval', 'Lollipop', or 'Uranus'? Smile

DEBUG: Thread VideoInfoDownloader 4011844512 terminating
The scraper seems to download the episode info correctly, but then abruptly stops, and nothing is stored into the video database, as far as I can see. Which is odd.

Nah, but it contains the port info I use for RDP and such. That, along with my IP info... Its just a case of 'better safe than sorry ' Wink

#tinfoilhat

As to the abrupt stop; I have no clue why that would happen. I have the same issue on an identical machine in my network and
Raspi machine . So I am assuming it has to do with the scraper add-on but that is as technical as I can get with these type of issues Tongue

I could disable my router firewall and other security measures, but seeing as the scraper has been working fine up to a few days ago and the firewall has been on for like forever; that seems unrelated.

If there is anything I can do to test; let me know

(2018-06-02, 09:50)Stanislav Wrote: [ -> ]Right. I see it myself. But it is not there when I check the list in Add-ons -> My add-ons -> All. Might it be installed by another plugin and can you tell me which one? I will gladly remove it.

You can always brute force delete it from the add on folder on your machine/Kodi installation. If an add on then breaks; you know where it came from Wink
(2018-06-02, 09:50)Stanislav Wrote: [ -> ]Might it be installed by another plugin and can you tell me which one? I will gladly remove it.
Since I have no back door access to your Kodi box, so I cannot find the culprit for you. Sorry.
Pages: 1 2 3