Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Navigation within multiple lists
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey there,

I have some problems to get the navigation of a horizontal orientated wraplist work like its needed to be. As far I understand, horizontal orientation means, that I only can control the list with left and right, and vertical orientaton with up and left. But I need to something like this: UP scrolling through the list, Down back to pevious Focus, left focus to a different list and right also focus to a different list. I can't figure it out how to do this.

For better understanding what I am trying to achieve. I redoing some facelift to an old Skin and I like to have one the Homescreen a similar look like the Xperience Skin, but just for one Focus, not through all the Homescreen. So I did the layout as I like to have it, and its working, beside the Navigation through the lists. I am using 3 lists for 3 Widgets - on the left side Album Covers, in the Middle Movie fanarts and on the Right side Recent TV Show Thumbnails. All the 3 lists are showing one Item and silding/Scrolling through the rest. 

I already stemp hours to check the xml code from the Xperience Skin, but its a bit to complex for me to undertand it all. So maybe someone has an easy solution how I can get it work.

Thanks again for your help Smile
You just add this to control type=list and you are ready to go.

xml:

<onleft>_ID_</onleft>
<onright>_ID_</onright>

Where _ID_ is id of control that you want to focus. there is also <onup> and <ondown> if your controls dont have ID add it like <control type=list id=900>
Thx for the reply, much appreciate it. Unfortunately the "<onleft>", "<onright>" code etc.pp. don't work in my case, at least not within the lists, so I did the job (more or less) done with a lot of fake buttons. Its not perfect but at least I can navigate through all 3 widgets and can control the items within it on my home view.