Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Choose location of the userdata preferences folder?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello
In my case , the user data options folder is located in : c:\users\%username%\AppData\Local\Packages\XBMCFoundation.Kodi_4n2hpmxwrvr6p\LocalCache\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\
In other cases, this preferences folder can be located in different places : @Karellen- Link removed
My question is: can I choose where to put this userdata folder?
Thanks in advance. 
Gz
For Kodi from the Store (especially UWP) it's not possible to change folder location.
Can I change the folder location for the non-Windows store version?
Will the non-Windows store version be terminated in the future?
Why was my link deleted? I think it was helpful.
(2018-06-11, 18:18)grendizer Wrote: [ -> ]Why was my link deleted? I think it was helpful.
Your link leads to a website that also (if not primarily) promotes Kodi add-ons which provide video streams on a illegal basis.
I'm sure you can understand why we would want no connection(s) whatsoever to such criminals.

(2018-06-11, 18:18)grendizer Wrote: [ -> ]Can I change the folder location for the non-Windows store versio
As far as I know, no Kodi version in Windows, Linux, Android or otherwise supports a user-chosen location of the profile folder. And I have a feeling it won't at the top of the developer agenda for anytime soon.
Do a portable install and you can put your data anywhere writeable.  Just search 'portable' here, it's been discussed umpteen times.
@Klojum OK I see , I didn't check the rest of this website