Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: kodi mysql databases, should there be several of each?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm using mariadb and I see several kodi databases:
  • kodisql_music52
  • kodisql_music56
  • kodisql_music60
  • kodisql_video93
  • kodisql_video99
  • kodisql_video107
Can I delete lower-numbered music and video databases? My guess is that after kodi migrates to a newer database, it still leaves the old database behind. All my kodi nodes are on the same version (17.6).
If you no longer have any use for older versions of the Kodi databases, then you can remove those at will.
Kodi 17.6 uses video107 and music60, so the others can be exterminated.
You can get more information on the versions used by each version of Kodi here - database versions (wiki).

At each major upgrade the database is also updated, but the older ones are left behind intact in case of a need to roll back or if there's another older version of Kodi that may be using them.

Note that after upgrade, the older versions are not used any more by Kodi, so if you add additional media items they will only be added to the current database used by the Kodi version in question. Older ones will stay as they were before the upgrade and won't have that media added to them.

But as noted, if you don't have a version of Kodi that needs them (and you're not going to roll back to an older version), they can be removed.