Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: How to: Create additional Kodi Channels for Android TV Home launcher (Oreo)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
(2021-10-07, 03:17)PatK Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-10-06, 15:39)K_User Wrote: [ -> ]Does the Smart Playlist rely on the library
Yes, exclusively.

Thanks for clearing that up.

For anyone with library turned off looking for an easy way to create a playlist which is always up to date is to make it on the fly:
  • Select the group folder you want to play and then long press the OK button on the remote to bring up the context menu.
  • Pick Play. That'll create a temporary playlist which lists all playable files in the folder, including in any subfolders.
  • You can organize and navigate this playlist like any other.
Note: Just create a new temporary playlist the next time. The only downside is that you can't turn temporary playlists into a channel. If you save them, they'll just be normal playlists that don't update.
Hello, there was a solution to implement a smart playlist with next TV show episode?
(2021-08-31, 08:50)Robertsond1987 Wrote: [ -> ]Can these channels only be created for content that you have saved onto your device?.... i.e it wont work for content from streaming addons.

I have the same question here, does it work for you?
You have to add the add-on library to the kodi library, with a link from the add-on settings, I try to do it in my tv, but it did work because did have the space, so I'm not sure if it will work
(2021-12-12, 22:39)Y2000k Wrote: [ -> ]You have to add the add-on library to the kodi library, with a link from the add-on settings, I try to do it in my tv, but it did work because did have the space, so I'm not sure if it will work
*but it didn't work... So lemme know if it does work
Could you give me a little more info?.... how do i add the addon library in settings?
Hey, sorry for the really late reply, as of now, ive still not found a way to get it working.
Have you had any luck?
(2022-01-06, 18:53)Robertsond1987 Wrote: [ -> ]Could you give me a little more info?.... how do i add the addon library in settings?

You open the add-on like *REMOVED*, go to the settings, library section and copy the path, and then go to the kodi videos menu, files, add videos, and in "add a video source" you paste the path you have copied, and that should do it
(2022-01-08, 17:18)Y2000k Wrote: [ -> ]You open the add-on

As per our forum rules (wiki), do not use or even mention piracy-facilitating addons on this forum, or there could be trouble.
Is there a way to have kodi show tv channel instead of playlists?

when on the home screen of my Shield, I'd really like to see preferred TV channels there.
(2022-01-09, 20:17)moamoa Wrote: [ -> ]Is there a way to have kodi show tv channel instead of playlists?
when on the home screen of my Shield, I'd really like to see preferred TV channels there.
Nope, no way to do this with Live TV Channels.
Best options available on Live TV Home Screen:-
1) Recently Played Channels are displayed which I guess could well be your most preferred TV channels.
2) Goto system>>>PVR & Live>>>General>>>Group Manager. There you can create a favourites Channel Group and add channel(s) to this group. Channel Groups are shown on Live TV Home Screen and will open guide guide screen for specific channel groups when selected.
Hi, I have a playlist on my Android TV home screen as a channel. Is there any way how to set a behaviour when i select an item from this playlist? At the moment, if I click on any item from the playlist, Kodi launches and information screen about the movie is shown. I would like the movie to be started immediately unless I would have to click on Play button on information screen.
Has anyone on the Shield had trouble since the recent 9.0 update? My channels disappeared. I tried finally updating Kodi (was on Leia) and that didn't help either.

Just upgraded to 9.01 and still no luck with Kodi channels populating.
Is it possible to start a movie directly from the android tv home (shield tv home) in the smart playlist section without entering the movie in the information tab?

(the movies are in the kodi library, and organized through the smart playlists that are then seen on the android tv home, like in your post)

Many thanks in advance 🙏
One of the main things I use Kodi for is for live TV from my HvHeadend PVR.

What would be REALLY good was if I could add my TV channels so they would appear on Kodi in the home screen on Android TV.

It's a bit annoying I can't add these. It's seems you can only make a playlist and things to that, for it to appear as a channel in the Android TV home screen. A bit ironic that these are actually 'real' channels and you can't add them.

So, is there a way of doing it that I don't know.

If not, can these be added to the feature request list for the Android TV version. It would be a mega win for it to show the TV channels as one of the channels under Kodi.

Thanks
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9