Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Launching Addons via Widget using Super Favourites Link
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi there,

I run into another issue and need a bit help with it.

I like to use Super Favourites to create a custom Folder with my most used Addons/Plugins and use this folder as a Favorite Link to be able to get it shown as a widget. That is working so far. The problem I have is, I can't launch any of the shown Addons via the widget.

I also have tried to just put the complete "Video Addons" Folder to Favourites and use that link for the widget. With that I am able to launch the Addons. To be sure its not the Super Favourites link that causes the issue I was checking the Artic Zephyr Skin where I can also create custom Widgets which are linked via Favorites. There the Favourite link to my Super Favourites Custom Folder also works and I am able to launch the Addons.

So I guess it has to do something with my "<onclick>" command I am using.
xml:
<onclick>RunAddon($INFO[Container(10010).ListItem.Property(Addon.ID)])</onclick>

This command is working fine with the widget when its linked to:
xml:
<content target="addons">addons://user/xbmc.addon.video</content>

But when I using the link to Super Favourites:
xml:
<content target="addons">plugin://plugin.program.super.favourites/?label=xyz&amp;mode=400&amp;path=special%3%2F%2Fprofile%2Faddon_data%2Fplugin.program.super.favourites%2FSuper%20Favourites%2Fxyz&amp;sf_options=fanart%3DNULL%26_options_sf&quot;,return)</content>
I am not able to launch any of the addons shown in the widget (*xyz is my created custom folder for testing).

I checked the xml files from Artic Zephyr Skin how its done there, but couldn't find anything that helped.

Thanks again for your time and help Smile
Ok, I made some progress. It seems since Super Favourite is a Program, you have to use as content target "programs" instead of addons, as I did when I linked to the Video-Addons. But still I couldn't launch the Addons, so I tried to take focus to the Widget and see what happens - and it works. When I have focus to the container that includes the wraplist for the widget, I can launch the Addons. Unfortunately that messes a bit with my navigation through different Widgets I am using on my "Start Screen". So since I am able to launch Videos, Music and complete Video/Music-Addons on my Widgets, which are activated via a button click (I use some "fake" buttons for my widget navigation) I guess it must be also possible to send a "SendClick(ID)" command to the container that includes the wraplist with the Super Favourite linked Addons-Folder, right, but it doesn't work, what is strange since I am able to send a "Control.Move(ID,value)" command to it and it works.
Why are you using an <onclick> command at all? The default onclick action for the container should work. Specifying an <onclick> command will override the container's default action. Just remove the onclick altogether.

If you are using some sort of fake button to control the widget, then you can just send focus to the widget and use the select action:
Code:
<onclick>SetFocus(10010)</onclick>
<onclick>Select</onclick>
Hey thank you for the reply, much appreciate it Smile

I am using the onclick command because I actual have no focus to the list when I want to launch the content. Thats mainly because I have a homescreen with 4 widgets, which makes the navigation (at least with my kind of noob knowledge) quite difficult and I like some sort of logical navigation through the widgets. When I have focus on them, I am limited in some sort of navigation or usability of my widgets. The "fake buttons" helping a lot with this problem and I can launch all content using the onclick command, beside folders I create with Super Favourites to have grouped some of my Addons by Genre (like Trailer, Radio, Sport Addons and so on).

These are the commands I use with the fake buttons to launch content:

Videos:
xml:
<onclick>PlayMedia($INFO[Container(ID).ListItem.FilenameAndPath])</onclick>
Music Albums:
xml:
<onclick>PlayMedia($INFO[Container(ID).ListItem.FolderPath],isdir)</onclick>
Video-Addon-Section:
xml:
<onclick>RunAddon($INFO[Container(ID).ListItem.Property(Addon.ID)])</onclick>

But I can't figure out, how its done with these custom folders. Sending the Control.Move(ID,value) command (to control what content of the widget is focuesd) works, but sending the SendClick(ID) command doesn't, which I find kind of strange.

For now I am focusing directly to this widget, so I can launch the Addons like u suggested, but I really would like to have another solution.