Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: kodi crashes when I try to configure Wake On LAN with MySQL
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I am using for years succesfully a configuration with different kodi-(and forks) clients. They all access on one central mysql database on a synology discstation.

This worked since some days ago until i started to update some android-kodi 18 versions and libreElec versions.

All these versions crashing now, when I enable the wake up remote server / wake on lan functionality. I have to disable it or I can let it enabled but I have to delete the wakeonlan.xml in userdate-folder. My assumption is - that this will not work reliable.
I think the last successfully used kodi leia version was from end of march.

Any idea what i can do? is it a know bug? Of course, I tried to find information - but i did not find anything about it.

Thanks

SaEt9000
Unfortunately during the weekend there is no crystal ball available. So kindly start with providing a debug log (wiki) for more internal details. Smile
you are right

here is the kodi.log

https://pastebin.com/scu5W8r7

its more or less short - direct after WakeOnAccess  it ends. At this time kodi crashes.

SaEt9000
ok - one step forward.

I reduced my advancedsettings.xml to the needed part for the mysql-database. Nothing else.
And now kodi 18 is  starting again.

Ok - it seems having to do something with some path substituations or other things.

I will bring it back step by step  - and then we will see when kodi crashes again.

I will report - but nevertheless any hints are welcome :-)

SaEt9000
ok - meanwhile I get kodi 18 running again.
The cause is an entry in the advancedsetings.xml regarding pathsubstituation.

I have some things like playlists, keymaps and thumbnails shared on my NAS . I had to block the lines for thumbnails and keymaps. Playlists are still shareable via pathsubstituation.

So - to go on with kodi 18 it is ok but for the future it would be very helpful to get this issue solved. Especially thumnails can take a lot of storage and it is very usefull to have them shared on a central storage.

Needles to say: in kodi 17.6 there is no issue and no problem by using pathsubstituation in combination with keymaps and thumbnails.

SaEt9000