Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Videos not playable
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi everyone,

I'm having trouble viewing videos on my Nas drive with Kodi on my raspberry pi. I have ripped a couple of dvds with handbrake, put the in a folder on my Nas drive as per the wiki eg. Shared videos -
TV shows1 - brasss eye - brass eye ep01.

When I scan for new media it finds the programmes and makes a thumbnail (with the correct name and artwork) under TV shows on the main screen but says it has no videos on the thumbnail. Also when I go into any of the categories ie. Comedy it shows an empty folder.

Any assistance appreciated!

Paul.
Kodi has a nice feature, called the Debug Log - if you post one, assistance can be given.
Ah yes, sorry about that, I'm not too experienced with Kodi.

This is the log file https://paste.kodi.tv/okiduxoyiv

Thanks

Paul
@mods: could you please move to Raspberry Pi forum?
One topic moved to the Raspberry Pi forum.
Hi everyone,

Dont suppose anyone's had a chance to look at my log file?!

Thanks

Paul
I'm rather confused by your post. It says video is not playable, but it sounds more like a library issue.

Can you play the video if you navigate to it through the files view?
I had a look at the log, but I'm not really familiar with how our scrapers work. If I read the log correctly, episode 1 of the show Bras Eye should have been added to your library. It couldn't find details on episode 7 though, so it was not able to add it to the library. Is the TV show Bras Eye entirely empty in your Kodi library, or are just some episodes missing?
@paulwilco

Please provide the following...

1. The link to the tv show Brass Eyes at TVDB
2. Screenshot of your folder holding the episodes so we can see names.
Thanks for all your replies but I've found the issue. Pretty basic actually! Basically I had a 'watched' filter activates (I do not recall setting this!) Which meant when I added anything it wouldn't show because I hadn't watched it. I think everyone ok now.

Sorry for wasting your time guys!
Thread marked solved