Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Skin with superior music player view?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm looking for a skin with a superior music player view that's something like iTunes or Media Monkey. A skin that uses multiple lists across one screen to see your sorted collection, selection and then album contents as well as easy to access on-screen player controls.

I've been trying to include the double and triple list views from some previously described skins without any luck getting the new views to be accessible within my customized skin so still looking for some help or advice there as well.

If there isn't a skin set-up like this but an add-on that does similar please point me in that direction as well.

Thanks!
Did you try estuary mod v2 ? 
its like what you are looking for.
Kodi 18 beta only.

I run MVC 3D and right now it's only at Kodi 17.6 and likely won't go beyond. Plus all the skin work I've done thus far has been to a 17 or even older skin and I'm unclear how much modification would be required to eventually make it 18 compliant.

Further, I've tried to get the music views from that skin to show up, or any other views, in my skin without luck. I reached out to the skin author but got very little response other than "here are the files". I've asked for help trying to figure out why other views won't work in the skin I'm using. Still hoping someone is willing to lend a hand.
(2018-06-13, 05:12)K0D1User1138 Wrote: [ -> ]Kodi 18 beta only.

I run MVC 3D and right now it's only at Kodi 17.6 and likely won't go beyond. Plus all the skin work I've done thus far has been to a 17 or even older skin and I'm unclear how much modification would be required to eventually make it 18 compliant.

Further, I've tried to get the music views from that skin to show up, or any other views, in my skin without luck. I reached out to the skin author but got very little response other than "here are the files". I've asked for help trying to figure out why other views won't work in the skin I'm using. Still hoping someone is willing to lend a hand.
ok, so maybe that thread help you out a bit.

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=314969
Unfortunately no, that thread doesn’t help much st all. I’ve tried to incorporate the double and triple lists views into my skin and double lists only works for tv seasons and then not very well. Triple doesn’t work at all.

There’s not much info in the thread about how to implement these views. Some talk between people with a deeper understanding of skinning than I have. And there’s no way for me to test the 18 skin myself because I’m not upgrading to 18 anytime soon.
Double and triple lists work in two mod and work as aspected.
-Guilouz "Estuary MOD V2 - KODI 18"
-mine mod "Aeon MQ 6 - Moded version for I, J, K, L, ...."

Here is mine code for triple list, view is "fanart view" and as you wrote work for tvshow.
https://github.com/Angelinas1/Aeonmq6-Le...Fanart.xml

I have personal view for music (didnt included in Mod).
That view have triple list for artist (artist-album-song),triple list for Album (abum-discography of that artist-song from discograpy album).
All focused label can play, some start to play from kodi, some start with script.playalbum.

Music-Artist

Music-Album
I will check out aeon MQ. I never noticed it being listed in that other thread.

Does it have on screen player controls?

Also, when you select the first song of an album does Kodi continue playing the entire album at the end of the first song?

A proper iTunes way of showcasing and played by music is what I’m hoping to find, even if iTunes isn’t the “best” way it is something most people know and understand. I’d like to be able to use Kodi alone as a full function media player over network in several ways.
I installed your skin but found it difficult to navigate. I wasn’t able to find the double lists view as you described so I’m still looking for options.
I will figure out how to post some code. I just don’t understand what I’m missing as all things seem to be there and are if I change them to things I know work.