Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: I need help with kodi on my Amazon firest
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When I try to open kodi 18 leia on my Amazon firestick all I get is a blank black screen. Please help.
To receive meaningful assistance you will need to provide a full debug log.

The instructions are here... debug log (wiki)

If you are using the Basic Method, then ensure the following is applied...
1.Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging,
2.Restart Kodi
3.Replicate the problem.

If you are using the Advanced Method ensure you have correctly created and applied the advancedsettings.xml file.

In both instances, you should see the word DEBUG throughout the log.

Note: Full logs only. No partial or redacted logs
Do NOT post your logs directly into the forum. Always use a paste site like pastebin.com. Post the link to your pasted log in the forum
Unfortunately I can't get to a log because the kodi app won't start from my firestick home menu. Please say there is a way to fix this without uninstalling the app and installing it again ,I have alot of add ons and channels on this kodi. If I have to do so can you provide me information for a kodi build with alot of adult add ons and adult channels possibly with movie, sports, and iptv add ons as well?
Before you request such add-ons, repositories or builds, you should probably take a look at this first: https://kodi.wiki/view/Official:Forum_ru...ed_add-ons

If one or more add-ons/repos/builds you are requesting are presented on that list, there´s very little chance for you to get any kind of support in here.

(2018-06-11, 23:51)Johnny1 Wrote: [ -> ]Please say there is a way to fix this without uninstalling the app and installing it again ,I have alot of add ons and channels on this kodi.
That´s most likely the issue. You have installed all those crappy add-ons and now your installation is broken. Some lessons are learned the hard way Wink . So I would consider a fresh installation and then probably think twice before installing crap.

Any further request for so called builds or add-ons which are on that banned list I linked above, will cause closing this thread.
Alright so if the add on or build has anything to do with the name or title after the period it is a banned add on and acts as a virus and will cause the kodi to shut off?
If so that solves my problem and clears my head.
I need if the period in front of the title represents something different than the title without a period.
I need to know if the period in front of the title is a different reference than the title alone.
I meant to say gives a different reference.
Or the period in front of title with the title...