Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: 6TB HD Disappears From LibreElec 8.0.2 Kodi 17.3
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
All of the sudden, my 6TB HD disappeared from the KODI listings..

I have confirmed that the HD is working fine as I plug it into different Windows PCs and it's good..

The bad news is I lost about 4.5TB of TV shows.  Sad

But I can get those back again.. 

I vaguely remember using SSH to get into the KODI box..  But I can't recall what to look for to see why the 6TB HD is not being config'ed..

Any assistance would be most appreciated..
(2018-06-12, 16:51)Michale32086 Wrote: [ -> ]All of the sudden, my 6TB HD disappeared from the KODI listings..
Is it an external USB HDD with no disk label on it?
Is it an NTFS formatted disk that now has a disk error somehow? Check for errors (and the contents) on Windows.

Via SSH'ing into LibreELEC:
python:

blkid | paste
mount | paste
dmesg | paste

and paste the returned URLs here on the forum.
(2018-06-12, 16:59)Klojum Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-06-12, 16:51)Michale32086 Wrote: [ -> ]All of the sudden, my 6TB HD disappeared from the KODI listings..
Is it an external USB HDD with no disk label on it?
Is it an NTFS formatted disk that now has a disk error somehow? Check for errors (and the contents) on Windows.

Via SSH'ing into LibreELEC:
python:

blkid | paste
mount | paste
dmesg | paste

and paste the returned URLs here on the forum. 
It's an NTFS GPT disk that shows no errors in windows..

Shouldn't that be 'pastebin'Huh

-sh: pastebin: not found

Guess not..  

Anyways, here is 'blkid'

/dev/sda2: LABEL="6TB" UUID="42C4738CC47380C9" TYPE="ntfs" PARTLABEL="Basic data partition" PARTUUID="8a61e80d-6b0d-4631-9b9e-858a288b4b88"
/dev/sdb: LABEL="2TB" UUID="e08ce434-dbb7-4d3d-b08d-c7d1ebd2f01b" TYPE="ext4"
/dev/sdc: LABEL="4TB" UUID="b609e829-c004-4d86-89a5-e53fa258dd00" TYPE="ext4"
/dev/sdd1: LABEL="System" UUID="84fbf925-bbb5-4976-9d71-030c829a2246" TYPE="ext4" PARTUUID="59ef74ee-01"
/dev/sdd2: LABEL="Storage" UUID="f00f8ea2-3b2e-4bd8-acae-9003fd2e1f49" TYPE="ext4" PARTUUID="59ef74ee-02"
/dev/loop0: TYPE="squashfs"
/dev/sda1: PARTLABEL="Microsoft reserved partition" PARTUUID="b4704d1f-cddd-44ee-9e8e-1fca677cb315"

mount

devtmpfs on /dev type devtmpfs (rw,relatime,size=1978400k,nr_inodes=494600,mode=755)
proc on /proc type proc (rw,relatime)
sysfs on /sys type sysfs (rw,relatime)
/dev/sdd1 on /flash type ext4 (ro,noatime,data=ordered)
/dev/sdd2 on /storage type ext4 (rw,noatime,data=ordered)
/dev/loop0 on / type squashfs (ro,relatime)
tmpfs on /dev/shm type tmpfs (rw,nosuid,nodev)
devpts on /dev/pts type devpts (rw,nosuid,noexec,relatime,gid=5,mode=620,ptmxmode=000)
tmpfs on /run type tmpfs (rw,nosuid,nodev,mode=755)
tmpfs on /sys/fs/cgroup type tmpfs (ro,nosuid,nodev,noexec,mode=755)
cgroup on /sys/fs/cgroup/systemd type cgroup (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,xattr,release_agent=/usr/lib/systemd/systemd-cgroups-agent,name=systemd)
cgroup on /sys/fs/cgroup/perf_event type cgroup (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,perf_event)
cgroup on /sys/fs/cgroup/blkio type cgroup (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,blkio)
cgroup on /sys/fs/cgroup/cpuset type cgroup (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,cpuset)
cgroup on /sys/fs/cgroup/cpu,cpuacct type cgroup (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,cpu,cpuacct)
cgroup on /sys/fs/cgroup/freezer type cgroup (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,freezer)
cgroup on /sys/fs/cgroup/devices type cgroup (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,devices)
cgroup on /sys/fs/cgroup/memory type cgroup (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,memory)
debugfs on /sys/kernel/debug type debugfs (rw,relatime)
tmpfs on /var type tmpfs (rw,relatime)
mqueue on /dev/mqueue type mqueue (rw,relatime)
tmpfs on /tmp type tmpfs (rw,nosuid,nodev)
/dev/sdb on /var/media/2TB type ext4 (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,noatime,data=ordered)
/dev/sdc on /var/media/4TB type ext4 (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,noatime,data=ordered)

dmesg  is really really long..
(2018-06-12, 17:09)Michale32086 Wrote: [ -> ]dmesg  is really really long..
That's why I was asking for the pastebin URLs...
So you don't have to splatter the contents all over our forum. Wink
Yea, I remember using pastebin before..  But now I get an error message...

Could it have somehow become uninstalled??
Here's what I get when I try dmesg | paste

<html>
 <head>
  <title>500 Internal Server Error</title>
 </head>
 <body>
  <h1>500 Internal Server Error</h1>
  The server has either erred or is incapable of performing the requested operation.<br /><br />

I am guessing it's something wrong with my network settings??
Nope... I can ping out to IPs and domain names...
'paste' is short for pastebinit (mind the last two characters).

If dmesg is THAT long, it probably has a number/lot of error messages on it. You see any of those when you do the dmesg listing on your screen (without the paste part)?
Or pipe the dmesg listing to a local file, and browse it for any unusual content.

/dev/sda2: LABEL="6TB" UUID="42C4738CC47380C9" TYPE="ntfs" PARTLABEL="Basic data partition" PARTUUID="8a61e80d-6b0d-4631-9b9e-858a288b4b88"
Your 6TB HDD (/dev/sda) is indeed not mounting for some reason. Dmesg should explain some things there.

/dev/sda1: PARTLABEL="Microsoft reserved partition" PARTUUID="b4704d1f-cddd-44ee-9e8e-1fca677cb315"
You might as well remove that one, if the other basic partition is a data-only partition.

If this machine is used for Kodi only using LibreELEC, using the Linux default EXT4 format is preferable. However now that your HDDs are filled, changing that will be a bit difficult.
But PASTE issues aside, I seem to remember I had this problem before with the 6TB HD... I think I remember something about having to format the HD in EXT4....
(2018-06-12, 17:27)Michale32086 Wrote: [ -> ]  <title>500 Internal Server Error</title>
On LibreELEC? That's a new one to me. A webserver problem? Are you sure you are in a SSH session?
(2018-06-12, 17:30)Michale32086 Wrote: [ -> ]I seem to remember I had this problem before with the 6TB HD... I think I remember something about having to format the HD in EXT4....
I would boot from a Ubuntu ISO Live USB, and do another dmesg listing, and also do a check with GParted.
Something is off with that HDD disk IMO.
(2018-06-12, 17:33)Klojum Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-06-12, 17:30)Michale32086 Wrote: [ -> ]I seem to remember I had this problem before with the 6TB HD... I think I remember something about having to format the HD in EXT4....
I would boot from a Ubuntu ISO Live USB, and do another dmesg listing, and also do a check with GParted.
Something is off with that HDD disk IMO. 
 Yea, going thru my old posts when I set this system up back in Aug of 2017, you were one of the ones who helped me out.  Big Grin