Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: WindowDialog box gets stuck during video playback
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm practising some add-on development and my WindowDialog box doesn't disappear during playback after time delay and window close command UNLESS you move the cursor. Very odd, it works as it should during non playback and closes after the allotted time. 
Any tips on this? Much Thanks!

Not sure if OS matters for this issue but running on:
Rpi 3 B+ running Raspbian Stretch

I'm following the Hello world tutorial here https://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:HelloWorld_addon
I essentially modified the addon.py file with the GUI interface walk through for JSON-RPC:

python:
import xbmcgui
import sys
import urlparse

class PopupWindow(xbmcgui.WindowDialog):
    def __init__(self, image, line1, line2, line3, line4, line5):
        self.addControl(xbmcgui.ControlImage(x=25, y=25, width=150, height=150, filename=image[0]))
        self.addControl(xbmcgui.ControlLabel(x=190, y=25, width=500, height=25, label=line1[0]))
        self.addControl(xbmcgui.ControlLabel(x=190, y=50, width=500, height=25, label=line2[0]))
        self.addControl(xbmcgui.ControlLabel(x=190, y=75, width=500, height=25, label=line3[0]))
        self.addControl(xbmcgui.ControlLabel(x=190, y=100, width=500, height=25, label=line4[0]))
        self.addControl(xbmcgui.ControlLabel(x=190, y=125, width=500, height=25, label=line5[0]))

if __name__ == '__main__':
    params = urlparse.parse_qs('&'.join(sys.argv[1:]))
    window = PopupWindow(**params)
    window.show()
    xbmc.sleep(5000)
    window.close()
    del window
Thread moved to addon development.

And please do not post multiple duplicate threads around the forum. The other two have been removed.