Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Mark duplicate movies as watched?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys

In my library I have several movies twice. I have them twice because I have ripped my 1080p blurays, and then downloaded some of those also as 4K HDR movies (which I can't rip myself). Since I have one TV that can display 4K HDR, and one older TV and a tablet that cannot, I 'need' both versions of the video file.

However, when I watch one version of the video (and its status subsequently is set as 'watched'), the other version is still 'unwatched'.

I would like for both versions of the same movie to be set to watched (or unwatched) at the same time. So then they are synchronized. This ideally should happen both after watching a file, or after importing a duplicate version of a movie.

This already happens with TV episodes. I noticed that when I import an episode that I already have in my database, that it copies the 'watched' status. It does not do this for movies.

Is there some setting (in advancedsettings or anywhere)?
(2018-06-15, 11:55)willemd Wrote: [ -> ]This already happens with TV episodes.
That would be strange, because of the nature of 'the beast': each video path+filename is treated as a unique file, and gets its own id in Kodi's video database. So I'm kind of curious how you manage to get it working with TV episodes. Even for identical file names but different file extensions, you should still get separate database entries as well as separate watch statuses.
(2018-06-15, 12:05)Klojum Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-06-15, 11:55)willemd Wrote: [ -> ]This already happens with TV episodes.
That would be strange, because of the nature of 'the beast': each video path+filename is treated as a unique file, and gets its own id in Kodi's video database. So I'm kind of curious how you manage to get it working with TV episodes. Even for identical file names but different file extensions, you should still get separate database entries as well as separate watch statuses.   
What you're saying seems logical, but I see it happening in my Kodi install.

I just put new files in a series folder. They are bluray rips, from episodes of which I already had hdtv rips. So they replace existing episodes - but with different file names. (for example: Series X/Season 01/Series.S01.E01.Bluray.mkv  instead of Series.S01.E01.HDTV.mkv). After scanning for new video files, they showed up, with the same status as the original HDTV files had. I don't run trakt or anything that might set it automatically. So this must be a Kodi built-in function. Big Grin  (Pretty useful too, I think.) 

edit: I guess this applies only to importing new files though, not with watching a video file. But still, that's something that might also be useful for movies, right? I had hoped that maybe that was implemented somewhere as an advanced setting.