Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Amazon fire tv problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi there. My name is daniel and I have an annoing problem. Back in the day i used to erase my data because the fire tv has only 6gb on the internal storage and i cant root the device because i cant block the updates. So first thing i'd like to ask is reffering to an existing solved topic of the blocking issue (thank you). The real deal is: i bought a 64gb micro sd card and used adb link in order to transfer the data to the sd card. I thought i solved the issue untill I pressed the exit button on kodi and after a while tried to get back to the app; it was not loading at all no matter what i did: deleating cache force stop.. Nothing. Even deleating the data didnt work. So i uninstalled and reinstall the kodi and than i started over. I noticed that it also happens when i plug out the power cable and reconnecting. I dont do it often but still. On higher versions of the kodi app (the original problem took place on versions 16 to 17.1) the problem was a little different: when i got out from the app and tried to go back in, the app loaded but didnt have any of the addons or programs i installed anywhere so i tried to change skin and stiil nothing (the skin i tried to change to was phenomenal). When i pluged out the electricity cable the original problem took place and even tough i have backups needing to restore the data every time it happens is very annoing and taking the fun out of kodi. Please is there any ideas? Or should i just switch to raspberry pi 3b+?
Moved to Android
Help please?
Sorry, but your post is too incoherent for me to understand. Answer these questions:

1. How did you load Kodi onto your AFTV?
2. Which version are you running?
3. Where is your media located?
4. What add-ons do you have installed?
5. Which skin are you using?
(2018-06-15, 14:22)Danielerman Wrote: [ -> ]Hi there. My name is daniel and I have an annoing problem. Back in the day i used to erase my data because the fire tv has only 6gb on the internal storage and i cant root the device because i cant block the updates. So first thing i'd like to ask is reffering to an existing solved topic of the blocking issue (thank you). The real deal is: i bought a 64gb micro sd card and used adb link in order to transfer the data to the sd card. I thought i solved the issue untill I pressed the exit button on kodi and after a while tried to get back to the app; it was not loading at all no matter what i did: deleating cache force stop.. Nothing. Even deleating the data didnt work. So i uninstalled and reinstall the kodi and than i started over. I noticed that it also happens when i plug out the power cable and reconnecting. I dont do it often but still. On higher versions of the kodi app (the original problem took place on versions 16 to 17.1) the problem was a little different: when i got out from the app and tried to go back in, the app loaded but didnt have any of the addons or programs i installed anywhere so i tried to change skin and stiil nothing (the skin i tried to change to was phenomenal). When i pluged out the electricity cable the original problem took place and even tough i have backups needing to restore the data every time it happens is very annoing and taking the fun out of kodi. Please is there any ideas? Or should i just switch to raspberry pi 3b+?
I can't decipher what your specific issue is. Please be more concise.
The app isnt recognizing the data location after i exit the app. When i restart the amazon tv the app is not loading at all. I think that it might be related to the fact I transfered the data from the storage to the sd card. If yo dont know what i mean by that direct me with questions. Thank you for answering i almost bought a new streamer.
Did you also change the advancedsettings.xml?
No i didnt, do i need to?
(2018-06-24, 15:56)FireInMyHole Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry, but your post is too incoherent for me to understand. Answer these questions:

1. How did you load Kodi onto your AFTV?
2. Which version are you running?
3. Where is your media located?
4. What add-ons do you have installed?
5. Which skin are you using?

1. How did i load it? Dont understand what do you mean by that.
2. Kodi 17.6
3. My media? Dont you mean my data? My data is located on the sd card
4. I have a backup of my kodi that includes a lot of addons. If you want a full list ill look at the backup folders and write it down.
5. The default skin. I also tried to change the skin to phenomenal before erasing the data because someone told me that the skin could cause the problem.
(2018-06-26, 18:20)Danielerman Wrote: [ -> ]No i didnt, do i need to?
 Then how does Kodi know where it is?

http://www.aftvnews.com/how-to-partially...b-storage/
(2018-06-26, 19:13)Hitcher Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-06-26, 18:20)Danielerman Wrote: [ -> ]No i didnt, do i need to?
 Then how does Kodi know where it is?

http://www.aftvnews.com/how-to-partially...b-storage/  
if Im reseting to factory defaults the kodi isnt crashing or causing problems untill i try to transfer the data to the sdcard with the method described in the link. do you have another guide?