Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Video Library Not Saving
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi I spent all day yesterday creating and organizing a video library using xbmc and imdb. I had a nice video library but when i turned off my xbox and back on again the library is gone and no video files.

Any Ideas why the library isnt saving properely?

Thanks very much in advance
Sorry I should of added more details
My movies are stored on an external harddrive which is plugged into my pc with sharing enabled.
My xbox plugs directly into my router
Thanks
Do you automatically update the library on startup?
Are the sources still there?
The sources are not there.

And I do automatically update on start up and your 100% right that is the problem.

I disconnected my usb harddrive and the xbmc was set to update at startup and as it found no video files it cleaned up database and when i plugged the usb harddrive back in all my saved video are gone and i have to rescan again.

Lesson learnt now ive removed update on startup and I can restart the xbox and my movies remain in the movies list

Thanks very much You've really helped me.
The solution here seems to be never auto update library on startup when videos being shared are not available I.E. Usb hard drive not plugged in.

Its kind of weird how it forgets your list and you have to rescan but its working now so im very please :-)
yeah, and thankfully the scrapping has gotten a lot faster in the more recent builds, used to take AGES to scan everything in my library.