Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Leia crashes to desktop since windows 10 update
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

I was using a nightly from a couple of months ago without any major issues. Since windows 10 updated this week, Kodi Leia crashes to desktop all the time. Sometimes I can watch a couple of tv shows other times it crashes within a few minutes. Any help appreciated as my HTPC is now basically useless

log : https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/rfH9D4SyNG/
Hello @sarlan19

Nothing really stands out, but could you do the following...

1. Exit Kodi
2. go to your appdata folder... C:\Users\********\AppData\Roaming\
3. Rename the Kodi folder to something like Kodi-original
4. Restart Kodi. Kodi will now recreate the Kodi folder. It is a Fresh Start
5. Do whatever you normally do to make it crash. That will mean setting up a Source and watching a movie.

Does it still crash?
Hi @Karellen,

Thanks for the quick answer, I will try what you said but the thing is I don't do anything particular. Sometimes it crashes when I go to my tv show, sometimes while watching a youtube video, sometimes just navigating the main menu. It's weird, very weird. I think it might have to do on how windows 10 handles the audio out since that is the main thing I observed changed in the last update. 

I'll try your solution and report back.
Well, got no luck with a fresh start. it still crashes randomly. It seems to be a problem with one of the skin dependencies on Madnox (skin.shortcuts or the likes) I switched to Aeon Nox Silvo and it crashes less often (but still very not perfect).

Thanks for your help again @Karellen I guess i'm due to do a full windows 10 install. Maybe that will help Sad
And no crashes when using the default Estuary skin?
If that's the case, then go ask at the Aeon guy(s).
(2018-06-19, 14:22)sarlan19 Wrote: [ -> ]Well, got no luck with a fresh start. it still crashes randomly. It seems to be a problem with one of the skin dependencies on Madnox (skin.shortcuts or the likes)
Well, if you did a fresh start then went and loaded the add-ons and skins, it sort of defeated the purpose of the test.
Yeah. I guess it's a skin problem as with estuary it doesn't crash.

thanks for your help.