Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Install fails - pseudotv.live 0.8.0f install in Win10 Kodi 17.6
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi folks.  Long time (once upon a time) user of PseudoTV, looking to try PseudoTV Live. 

Tried to do an install and it failed.  I think it is hanging on a dependency.
Quote:22:26:17.794 T:9204   DEBUG: CAddonInstaller: installing 'script.pseudotv.live' version '0.8.0f' from repository 'repository.lunatixz'
22:26:17.796 T:9204   DEBUG: Keyboard: scancode: 0x1c, sym: 0x000d, unicode: 0x0000, modifier: 0x0
22:26:17.799 T:1744   DEBUG: CAddonInstallJob[script.pseudotv.live]: requires plugin.video.pseudo.companion version 0.0.7 which is not available
22:26:17.799 T:1744   ERROR: CAddonInstallJob[script.pseudotv.live]: The dependency on plugin.video.pseudo.companion version 0.0.7 could not be satisfied.
Logfile:  wokoqawovo (paste)

Environment:  Windows 10 Ult 64, Kodi 17.6

Suggestions please?
The forum moderators have determined that banned addons (wiki) are present on your system. To receive assistance here, these banned items must be removed. If a clean log is not submitted within 3 days, then the relevant post(s) will be removed after this time.
(2018-06-19, 06:53)Klojum Wrote: [ -> ]The forum moderators have determined that banned addons (wiki) are present on your system. To receive assistance here, these banned items must be removed. If a clean log is not submitted within 3 days, then the relevant post(s) will be removed after this time.

Thanks for the suggestion!  It's nice to see someone here that's been here nearly as long as me.   Nod    OK, removed a repository, and did a quick check of my addons...  I think that I now comply.  If I have overlooked anything, please feel free to be specific, and I will correct.  

Now, back to the issue at hand:  The failed installation.

I have attempted to run the install again, with the same results (dependency not met)
Quote:23:30:38.600 T:8968   DEBUG: CAddonInstaller: installing 'script.pseudotv.live' version '0.8.0f' from repository 'repository.lunatixz'
23:30:38.603 T:8968 DEBUG: Keyboard: scancode: 0x1c, sym: 0x000d, unicode: 0x0000, modifier: 0x0
23:30:38.606 T:3416 DEBUG: CAddonInstallJob[script.pseudotv.live]: requires plugin.video.pseudo.companion version 0.0.7 which is not available
23:30:38.606 T:3416 ERROR: CAddonInstallJob[script.pseudotv.live]: The dependency on plugin.video.pseudo.companion version 0.0.7 could not be satisfied.

Log file:  https://paste.kodi.tv/zutoyuhowu

I look forward to suggestions!
To provide an update...

To resolve the dependency requirement, I found a copy of plugin.video.pseudo.companion-0.0.13 and loaded it from zip.  Then I attempted to install pseudotv.live 0.8.0f again from the Lunatixz repository.  Unfortunately, the result was that while both add-ons did install, it appears that PseudoTV Live does not want to launch.  (Icon is a generic puzzle piece)

Having read though some of the posts on this forum, as well as on Reddit, the solution is to wait for the 0.9 release.

(observation:  the sound of one hand clapping is a Kodi user answering his own question.  You may now go and contemplate this in the zen garden.)

In the meantime, I downloaded the original PseudoTV from GitHub, installed and launched.  It is doing what I need with my local source content.
If you want to give it another try, download the addon manually and install it. I think I ran into this too, turned out I wasn't actually downloading the full file from within Kodi for some strange reason. Once I grabbed it from a web browser and manually installed it everything worked. (No puzzle piece.)
(2018-06-23, 20:17)bornagainpengui Wrote: [ -> ]If you want to give it another try, download the addon manually and install it.
Yes, I did try that...  because of manually installing plugin.video.pseudo.companion, I was able to add PseudoTV Live...  but after install it didn't work anyways (puzzle piece).

Like I said, I'll wait for the next version of PseudoTV Live.
(2018-06-24, 22:25)zebraitis Wrote: [ -> ]Like I said, I'll wait for the next version of PseudoTV Live.    
Sure, but I'm telling you it is still possible to install the old addon--I have it working here.
OK, I'm willing to give it a shot...  from where did you download your copy of pseudo.companion ?
I had the same problem.  It appears that some banned addons cannot simply be removed.  They apparently leave some orphaned files behind that seem to mess with loading and running PTVL.

Running OSMC on a RPi3, I had to get a new SD card and do a fresh install of Kodi.  I made sure that I only used addons from the Official Kodi Repository and Lunatixz's Repository.  Not only was I able to successfully install PTVL 0.8.0f, but it was fully functional again!  Many people (including me) have lost access to the "Channel Manager" function in PTVL.  It came back when I did a clean reinstall of Kodi 17.6.
I would install the freshstart addon and do full clean, or have you tried ona  new profile? remember when making a new profile exit out of kodi and do not force out.
(2018-07-07, 13:36)Dennis_D Wrote: [ -> ]I had the same problem.  It appears that some banned addons cannot simply be removed.  They apparently leave some orphaned files behind that seem to mess with loading and running PTVL.

Running OSMC on a RPi3, I had to get a new SD card and do a fresh install of Kodi.  I made sure that I only used addons from the Official Kodi Repository and Lunatixz's Repository.  Not only was I able to successfully install PTVL 0.8.0f, but it was fully functional again!  Many people (including me) have lost access to the "Channel Manager" function in PTVL.  It came back when I did a clean reinstall of Kodi 17.6.
 This also never fails me.