Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Since upgrading to v17 kodi keeps giving a cracking sound in the background
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

Since upgrading to v17, the sound coming from the speakers gives a cracking/fire sound. I have isolated the problem to be with the Kodi build as I only get the sound once Kodi is fully started and running. The sound is not produced when I connect another device to the speakers amplifier or when Kodi is booting up.

I have v17.6 installed using LibreElec on a RaspberryPi. Which is connected to a small amplifier to the speakers.

Hope anybody knows a solution, as it keeps me awake doing the night and need to switch is off. :-(

Thanks
IIRC, under settings > system > audio there's a setting for sending low volume noise (to keep amplifiers awake). Try disabling that if it's enabled, and see if that helps.

You might need to change the menu level (bottom left hand corner) to advanced or expert to see it if you haven't already got those menu levels set.