Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Internet Archive Game Launcher
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2018-12-02, 02:27)kpop Wrote: [ -> ]how do i go about to change the backgrounds in all the menus(the ones that say internet archive with a grey background ,to a custom one?
 Depends on what screen you're talking about.  The grey background is the fanart for the plugin, here.  You can just replace the file with whatever you want and change what is shown when the addon fanart is shown.

There are also several fanarts in the databases here.  Depending on where you're browsing.  You just change the image in the xml file.
(2018-12-03, 03:22)jdig4240 Wrote: [ -> ]So, im still a bit confused. Do we still need to use a special Retroplayer build to play games with Kodi video player? Has the support been added in the latest Leia yet? Can we just install binary liberto cores on the latest Leia to use with IAGL??
 You can either use an external program, like Retroarch, or you can use Kodi v18 with game addons.  The wiki explains both options and you can mix and match which you use depending on the game list.
Amazing job, I don't know how I missed 'till today!
Is there an easy way to import my own favorite collection from IARL?
Tried simply moving the oldest xml file to the new dat_files folder but does't seems to work
(2018-12-07, 19:37)FlashOne Wrote: [ -> ]Amazing job, I don't know how I missed 'till today!
Is there an easy way to import my own favorite collection from IARL?
Tried simply moving the oldest xml file to the new dat_files folder but does't seems to work
 The header of the new file is only slightly different (added some additional settings for Retroplayer).  Take a look at an example here.  You should be able to edit the xml file to add the new values into the header, then it should work.
Hi there,

I've tried to add an external emulator on this addon, but for some reason it won't seem to work and I'm still not sure what's wrong with the commands I've input. If these addons could be added to the external emulator list that would be cool.

The emulators I've tried to add are
-Irata Jaguar
-Real3doplayer

The commands I've recently tried (and I've tried a lot) none of which seem to be working. If anyone knows what I'm doing wrong, or are able to help it would be much appreciated.

Real3doplayer
/system/bin/am start --user 0 -n ru.vastness.altmer.real3doplayer/ru.vastness.altmer.real3doplayer.MainActivity -a android.intent.action.MAIN -c android.intent.category.LAUNCHER -e %ROM_PATH%

Irata Jaguar
/system/bin/am start --user 0 -n ru.vastness.altmer.iratajaguar/ru.vastness.altmer.iratajaguar.MainActivity -a android.intent.action.MAIN -c android.intent.category.LAUNCHER -e %ROM_PATH%
is there any pal lists for snes megadrive ect, also is there a neo geo list,i tried the old one in the extras but dident work with the new iagl, and trying to make a list using the search filter dident seem to work either.
I also wanted to say I tried to follow the FAQ and the examples, but each emulator seems to have different switches and commands. I tried to add these based on the uoYabause emulator and customized it for those two emulators but to no avail. I also copied the launch command from Reicast and customized it but that didn't work either. So, absolutely no idea.
(2018-12-08, 09:52)Cee123 Wrote: [ -> ]I also wanted to say I tried to follow the FAQ and the examples, but each emulator seems to have different switches and commands. I tried to add these based on the uoYabause emulator and customized it for those two emulators but to no avail. I also copied the launch command from Reicast and customized it but that didn't work either. So, absolutely no idea.
 It's possible this is due to the way IAGL currently sends the launch command for android.  There are several ways to send launch commands in python, and depending on your flavor of android and the permissions on your system, some work and some don't (and android seems to change it every damn OS update). The next update will include some options to change this via settings. As far as I can tell, those commands look correct - there's not a lot on the internet about these two emulators, so I can't be sure, but based on some hyperspin forum posts, those look correct.
(2018-12-08, 06:05)kpop Wrote: [ -> ]is there any pal lists for snes megadrive ect, also is there a neo geo list,i tried the old one in the extras but dident work with the new iagl, and trying to make a list using the search filter dident seem to work either.
 The best method I could find to create a PAL list is:
Go to IAGL search function
Enter Title (without quotes):  ".*?"
Select Game list(s) SNES and/or Genesis
Enter Tag (without quotes):  "Europe"
Execute Search.

The game lists don't specifically tag PAL, but they do tag Europe which should be all PAL in that era.
Thanks heaps for that, Zach. I was trying a couple of different commands but those didnt work either. I don't really know what I was doing, I was just following the examples on the FAQ. But there must surely be a command somewhere to get those to work. So that's awesome that there is going to be an update for IAGL. It works well so far keep up the good work.
(2018-12-09, 00:09)zachmorris Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-12-08, 06:05)kpop Wrote: [ -> ]is there any pal lists for snes megadrive ect, also is there a neo geo list,i tried the old one in the extras but dident work with the new iagl, and trying to make a list using the search filter dident seem to work either.
Execute Search.

The game lists don't specifically tag PAL, but they do tag Europe which should be all PAL in that era.  
 thanks, i tryed doing that, it works, it saves the search link, when its saved you cant go in the new search link its empty. and when you choose the look at the platform info, it shows 0 bytes
(2018-12-12, 08:12)kpop Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-12-09, 00:09)zachmorris Wrote: [ -> ]
Execute Search.

thanks, i tryed doing that, it works, it saves the search link, when its saved you cant go in the new search link its empty. and when you choose the look at the platform info, it shows 0 bytes 
Thanks.  I can recreate this error.  It does work if I add it to Kodi Favorites, but not IAGL favorites.  I'll have to track down the issue, thanks for the report.
Hi possible to get IAGL with reborn remix libreelec? 

he didn't use retroarch.sh but only retroarch.start. 

https://forum.libreelec.tv/thread/12662-.../?pageNo=1
Hi,

Been working on this with Leia RC3 on Win 10 Pro. If I use the IAGL on a clean installation it runs fine. But after installing some addons, the launcher (and Kodi) crashes straight after download and before being able to select the emulator. I will try to figure out which addon exactly but this might take some time. 

Here is de debug log:  ragijunowo.kodi (paste)

Last message is 13:09:57.273 T:6988   ERROR: Failed to open savestate file C:\Users\{USERNAME}\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\addon_data\plugin.program.iagl\temp_iagl\Super Mario Kart (USA).sav

I have checked the folder and indeed there is no file here. Already tried to enable read/write actions for Windows user "Everybody". 

Any help would be appreciated. 

Ow and btw: this is a great addon. Big time kudo's for the developer!
@Jasper_H585 - your log includes banned addons (wiki) in violation of our piracy policy (wiki). Support is not available here whilst anything on that list is installed on your device.

The forum moderators have determined that banned addons (wiki) are present on your system. To receive assistance here, these banned items must be removed. If a clean log is not submitted within 3 days, then the relevant post(s) will be removed after this time.