Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Internet Archive Game Launcher
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2019-01-02, 02:10)zachmorris Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-01-01, 20:55)shredhed Wrote: [ -> ]Having a problem launching ps1 multi-disc games(a cue file for each disc bin file) thru IAGL.  I can run them thru retroarch no problem, but when I try to launch thru IAGL it sits there like its going to load the game but then just dumps me back to the game selection screen.  A couple games i've experimented with are g-police and FFIX.  Other ps1 games that have only one cue file per bins, run great thru IAGL.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanx !
Can you provide a log?  There's currently a limitation with Kodi for multi-disc games.  IAGL can launch an m3u file (which libretro supports) for multi-disc games, but currently kodi picks them up as video files and fails to play them (see issue here).  Temporarily I have IAGL try and launch a cue file instead, but it should still work to start the game. 
 Hey thanks for getting back to me.   I'm not using an m3u file, it's a cue/bin combo for both games.  Sorry for being newbie but how do i get a log ?
Forgot to mention im using latest RC of Leia on Windows 10.

Thanks Again
(2018-12-31, 00:57)zachmorris Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-12-30, 12:31)paddy67 Wrote: [ -> ]Hello,

Is it possible to set the download path to a network share (like Synology NAS NFS://192.168.1.XX/roms/NES)

I tried that, the game is downloading into the folder, but not launching.

Thanks.
 SMB/NFS shares I think have limited compatibility currently.  The addon can save to that location (and I think unzip a file), but many of the libretro cores cannot launch files using SMB/NFS.  See the (outdated) list here.  The addon would have to be listed as 'Supports VFS' yes in order to be compatible. 
 Thanks for the answer. For example, "NES / Famicom (bnes)" is listed as support VFS, but doesn't unzip the game. But, if the rom is unzip manually, the game launches.
(2019-01-02, 20:03)paddy67 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-12-31, 00:57)zachmorris Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-12-30, 12:31)paddy67 Wrote: [ -> ]Hello,

Is it possible to set the download path to a network share (like Synology NAS NFS://192.168.1.XX/roms/NES)

I tried that, the game is downloading into the folder, but not launching.

Thanks.
 SMB/NFS shares I think have limited compatibility currently.  The addon can save to that location (and I think unzip a file), but many of the libretro cores cannot launch files using SMB/NFS.  See the (outdated) list here.  The addon would have to be listed as 'Supports VFS' yes in order to be compatible.  
 Thanks for the answer. For example, "NES / Famicom (bnes)" is listed as support VFS, but doesn't unzip the game. But, if the rom is unzip manually, the game launches. 
OK, I'll take a look.  I assumed Kodi's unzip function worked on a VFS but I haven't tried.  I'll setup a SMB share and try and get it working.
Question, why are there doubles of every game in the Sega CD archive??
(2019-01-04, 21:56)jdig4240 Wrote: [ -> ]Question, why are there doubles of every game in the Sega CD archive??

Thats a bug.   Thanks for pointing it out.  It seems I accidentally listed every game twice for some reason.
Glad i can help, thanks for responding to both questions. Appreciate your work.
Zach or someone, can you help me please? Let me start by saying this is an amazing setup, thank you. I've got IAGL working just fine. My problem is using Retroarch as an external launcher. I'm on a rasp pi 3 b, Kodi 18 beta latest and I cannot find the retroarch app location. I've unhidden files on Kodi and still can't find it. I think it resembles the EXE from windows but I don't know the equivalent to a linux-kodi based app. I'm pretty sure sysm location is home/emulators/bios so I got that part right. Help a bro out please Tongue?
Okay so I figured it out, I needed to set my extenal system to gamestarter. Now the only problem is I have no sound from Retroarch Sad I've managed to get the cores working and bios, etc but just no sound at all. Any idea guys?
(2019-01-06, 19:39)KUPOkinz Wrote: [ -> ]Okay so I figured it out, I needed to set my extenal system to gamestarter. Now the only problem is I have no sound from Retroarch Sad I've managed to get the cores working and bios, etc but just no sound at all. Any idea guys?
 https://github.com/zach-morris/plugin.pr...-is-broken
What a wonderful new addition! You’ve done a lot of great work. I’ve played many of the games very seamlessly and flawlessly. Much easier than the old way of finding the rom for the game and the emulator for the system etc. The one problem I do have, is that when running (especially snes) some, the sound stutters and the game play stutters also... making it unplayable. Is there a setting that needs to be tweaked? I have Kodi 18 running on an Android box (Android 8.1 API level 27 (kernel: Linux 4.4114) The GPU: Mali-450 MP.
(If that helps at all)
Any insight anyone could give would be greatly appreciated! Once again, great job on this project. I’m loving it.
(2019-01-07, 09:38)Bschickert Wrote: [ -> ]What a wonderful new addition! You’ve done a lot of great work. I’ve played many of the games very seamlessly and flawlessly. Much easier than the old way of finding the rom for the game and the emulator for the system etc. The one problem I do have, is that when running (especially snes) some, the sound stutters and the game play stutters also... making it unplayable. Is there a setting that needs to be tweaked? I have Kodi 18 running on an Android box (Android 8.1 API level 27 (kernel: Linux 4.4114) The GPU: Mali-450 MP.
(If that helps at all)
Any insight anyone could give would be greatly appreciated! Once again, great job on this project. I’m loving it.
 I don't have the stuttering you see on my Mac, so I'm guessing it's the hardware you're using.  Try changing the default core from SNES9X to something SNES9X_2010 or 2002, which are less demanding (but less accurate)
Hi!
I have installed retroarch in coreelec as an addon by using this release
I can start retroarch from the cli with the following command

./mytest.sh parallel_n64 /storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/plugin.program.iagl/temp_iagl/Super\ Mario\ 64\ \(USA\).n64

where mytest,sh looks like this

#!/bin/sh

/storage/.kodi/addons/script.sx05re.launcher/bin/retroarch -v -L /storage/.kodi/addons/script.sx05re.launcher/lib/libretro/$1_libretro.so "$2" > /var/log/retroarch.log 2>&1 &
systemctl stop kodi
while pgrep retroarch > /dev/null; do sleep 1; done
systemctl start kodi

But I can't, and believe the noob me has tried, get retroarch to start from IAGL. 

I have tried with launch command 
"%ADDON_DIR%/resources/bin/mytest.sh" parallel_n64 "%ROM_PATH%"

and I have also tried with creating a mytest_launch.sh file

#!/bin/sh

. /etc/profile

systemd-run /storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.program.iarl/resources/bin/mytest.sh "$@"

The logs look like this https://paste.kodi.tv/hilaxiheci.kodi

Maybe someone can point me in the right direction here.
(2019-01-16, 21:40)rensvind Wrote: [ -> ]Hi!
I have installed retroarch in coreelec as an addon by using this release
I can start retroarch from the cli with the following command

Maybe someone can point me in the right direction here.
This should work if you just change your 'System Type' to SX05RE in the addon settings, and then run the wizard and/or update the launch commands (see wiki here) for the game list you're interested in.  Does that work?
I think I followed the instructions to the T from here: https://github.com/zach-morris/plugin.pr.../1.--Setup
But it is not working and I'm getting the impression that I'm missing a few steps.

Situation is as followed:

Libreelec v8.95.2 Beta installed (Kodi v18)
Installed the IAGL from the ZachMorris repository
Set IAGL to use Kodi Retroplayer
Ran the config wizard (did only get 1 question if I have a archive.org account, which is no)
Started IAGL

When I try to start a game/rom it just goes back to the list and does nothing.

According to the FAQ I need to make sure that I setup my emulators correctly. But there is the problem, I cannot figure out if I need to download/install any emulator manually. Couldn't find any in the Kodi or Libreelec repository.
I would also expect some controller configuration (button mapping and such) but maybe that is something I need to do in those possibly missing emulators.

So my question is: do I need to install any emulators?
I did not install Retroarch as I understood that with Kodi v18 with Retroplayer this is no longer needed.
Zachmorris,  I have a question or more like a feature request. Heres the situation. I set up IAGL the way i want it. I set up my preferred game launcher on each archive to the Retroplayer emulator i wanted. So after setting it all up I wanted to copy the whole setup from my Windows PC to my Android box. Now, i already know about how the emulators for retroplayer are system specific. Got all that figured out. Now the issue comes when my Default game launcher is set. After the retroplayer emulators are uninstalled, and if i go to open a game in an archive that i had previously set with a default game launcher, nothing happens because the emulator i had set as default for that archive is no longer installed. So my question is, is it possible to have IAGL prompt to install the needed emulator that i have set as default for the archive when it is set as default, but not installed?

Heres what i mean by looking at the log: 
15:56:15.904 T:8420  NOTICE: IAGL:  File saved to location C:\Users\DEE\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\addon_data\plugin.program.iagl\temp_iagl\Altered Beast (USA, Europe).zip, file size 325179, file crc EEDDE12F
15:56:15.957 T:8420  NOTICE: IAGL:  Gameclient for Retroplayer set to: game.libretro.genplus
15:56:15.957 T:8420  NOTICE: IAGL:  Attempting to play the following file through Retroplayer: C:\Users\DEE\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\addon_data\plugin.program.iagl\temp_iagl\Altered Beast (USA, Europe).md
15:56:15.997 T:4796   ERROR: RetroPlayer[PLAYER]: Can't find add-on game.libretro.genplus for game file!

So, instead of doing nothing, and not launching could you code it so it prompts you to install the missing player and dependencies needed? 
Hope im clear in what im asking, Thanks!!