Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Internet Archive Game Launcher
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2019-02-05, 14:30)SimonC Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks!

I'm curious, is there a way to limit the lists IAGL searches for a random game?  Example; if I hide a list it will not be searched? 

I remember trying this many moons ago with IARL and 17.6 but if I remember correctly it still pulled the random from those hidden lists.
 When you setup the random search, you can select which game lists are included by selecting the 'Choose game lists' option.
If the Create Random Search Link was saved or had an option to save that would be perfect!
(2019-02-06, 00:37)SimonC Wrote: [ -> ]If the Create Random Search Link was saved or had an option to save that would be perfect!
 Yes, you can do that:
1) Go to 'Random Play'
2) Choose number of results, game lists to include, genres, etc
3) Select the bottom option for 'Create Random Search Link'
4) Enter a name for your link
5) Bring up the context menu for the generated link, then add to IAGL favorites and add the random link to an IAGL favorites list.
6) Now the random link is available and you should be able to add it as a widget.  Here's an example using Aura:

Same thing applies for a Search link, if you wanted to for example make a list of all Mario games.  Just enter the search term 'Mario', select all the game lists of choice, and create the search link.  This should give the user an endless ability to create / mix / match lists.
Thanks, I overlooked the favorites!
Came across something while creating my random list.  When I went to add to favorites it gave me an option to use IAGL Favorites, which I did but can not access it as it throws an error.  The favorite section was created but errors when trying to browse it.  Is this suppose to work?  I noticed when I made the switch from IARL to IAGL that there was no longer an option to add games to a favorites list maintained by IAGL, which is sad, because Kodi Favorites is limited and Super Favorites is broken in 18.  Should there be a method to add games to a favorites list in IAGL?
(2019-02-06, 07:04)SimonC Wrote: [ -> ]Came across something while creating my random list.  When I went to add to favorites it gave me an option to use IAGL Favorites, which I did but can not access it as it throws an error.  The favorite section was created but errors when trying to browse it.  Is this suppose to work?  I noticed when I made the switch from IARL to IAGL that there was no longer an option to add games to a favorites list maintained by IAGL, which is sad, because Kodi Favorites is limited and Super Favorites is broken in 18.  Should there be a method to add games to a favorites list in IAGL?
It should work.  It worked when I made the example above.  I'd need a debug log to know why.
I worked it out with a fresh install.  I thought you had gotten rid of your own internal favorites because I was browsing games alphabetically, where IAGL does not give an option to add to an IAGL Favorites.  

Got everything worked out now, plus I got IAGL Favorites back, big win!  Even better news, you can remove a game from a favorites list!  

Thanks Zach!
hey zach! just tested in my RPi2 running under LibreELEC 9 and IAGL works pretty nice with Gamestarter's Retroarch addon.   Rofl
Turbografx 16 emulator?

I am running kodi 18, nvidia shield. When I go to turbografx section and try to run a game it tells me that there is not an emulator for it. I went to the kodi repo under emulators and it was not there. Can you point me in the right direction to get this working.

Thanks
Hello,
I'm having trouble playing Games with an external launch for long periods of time. I think the problem is because of the idle system shutdown (power saver).

I have done some looking and I see that IAGL writes to the log when launching a game successfully, so I think I can place xbmc.executebuiltin('XBMC.InhibitIdleShutdown(True) there, but I'm having trouble finding a spot for xbmc.executebuiltin('XBMC.InhibitIdleShutdown(false)

Signed,
Trilliam
(2019-02-07, 11:16)trilliam Wrote: [ -> ]Hello,
I'm having trouble playing Games with an external launch for long periods of time. I think the problem is because of the idle system shutdown (power saver).

I have done some looking and I see that IAGL writes to the log when launching a game successfully, so I think I can place xbmc.executebuiltin('XBMC.InhibitIdleShutdown(True) there, but I'm having trouble finding a spot for xbmc.executebuiltin('XBMC.InhibitIdleShutdown(false)Signed,
Trilliam
I don't think this will work.  The addon/Kodi doesn't have any visibility of when an external process like Retroarch is exited, so there's nothing to trigger on to uninhibit.  You'd likely have to write a custom shell script to make this work when the external process is started and stopped, or just turn off the idle option.
(2019-02-07, 05:47)Apophus Wrote: [ -> ]Turbografx 16 emulator?

I am running kodi 18, nvidia shield. When I go to turbografx section and try to run a game it tells me that there is not an emulator for it. I went to the kodi repo under emulators and it was not there. Can you point me in the right direction to get this working.

Thanks
Thats where it would be.  Looks like the emulator addon (pce-fast) isn't available for android yet.  Your only current option would be to setup external launching for that game list.
Thanks again for all the help Zach, everything is working awesome except PS1 controller in RP but I posted a thread about this already.

In my setup I'm using RP which is working great but I do occasionally come across games (like Arcade/Zero Team, Missile Command etc) that RP simply won't run.  I have my old RA external waiting in the wings but is it even possible to point a single game to an external source?
(2019-02-08, 00:16)SimonC Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks again for all the help Zach, everything is working awesome except PS1 controller in RP but I posted a thread about this already.

In my setup I'm using RP which is working great but I do occasionally come across games (like Arcade/Zero Team, Missile Command etc) that RP simply won't run.  I have my old RA external waiting in the wings but is it even possible to point a single game to an external source?
 Yes there is for external launching.  For Retroplayer you should have the option to be prompted for the emulator to use.  See rom_override_cmd on the wiki, which allows for overriding the standard external launch command.
Thank you for the quick reply.