Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Internet Archive Game Launcher
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2019-03-15, 01:44)zachmorris Wrote: [ -> ]After you run the addon, the files in the addon folder should be automatically deleted. If they don't get deleted, can you provide a debug log?
 Oh shoot lol. Your right. Guess I didnt actually run it first. Got distracted and was looking at something else in the addons folder when i noticed the size of the IAGL folder. I even uninstalled and reinstalled to verify, but i didnt actually run it. 
Nothing to see here, move along. False alarm. 
Thanks Zach.
Hello !

I installed this addon that I find great, thank you!
I took the opportunity to translate the string.po in french, but some texts do not appear translated ...
Here is the link to an archive containing the string.po file in French and some screenshots; is there an error in the translation?
Thank you in advance !

Link : IAGL.zip
(2019-03-15, 11:52)proto111 Wrote: [ -> ]Hello !

I installed this addon that I find great, thank you!
I took the opportunity to translate the string.po in french, but some texts do not appear translated ...
Here is the link to an archive containing the string.po file in French and some screenshots; is there an error in the translation?
Thank you in advance !

Link : IAGL.zip

Merci beaucoup! I see I had an error in the strings.po for English which copied into your strings.po. I've updated both and French has been added.
Hey Zach. Any way to create a directory that would show all games that are downloaded, or currently in temp_iagl? Or possibly a feature that shows a checkmark or highlight the titles that are  already downloaded. Just a thought.
Hello zachmorris !

Thank you for being quick ! I will post the translation of this new file very quickly.
Digging a little into your addon, I was able to translate some text in the file "script-IAGL-infodialog.xml" (Launch / Download / Exit / Stop); I do not know the programming well under Kodi, but I imagine that these words can only be translated in this file?
In any case, it's really a beautiful addon, thank you for your work!
The idea of jdig4240 is interesting! I do not know if it's feasible ...
I also noticed that under the Confluence skin (which I use), the integration is different and some functions are not accessible (description of games and consoles in the right window). But nothing serious. Similarly, it is not possible to add a shortcut to IAGL under the Games menu, but it should be more of an incompatibility with Confluence as there is no problem with the skin of origin.
New strings.po in French :
strings.po
Hi,

I got on a complete new installation (windows 10 based) following error:

2019-03-17 15:17:40.943 T:5932   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.UnicodeDecodeError'>
                                            Error Contents: 'utf8' codec can't decode byte 0xe2 in position 9999: unexpected end of data
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\Media\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.program.iagl\addon.py", line 1227, in <module>
                                                plugin.run(sys.argv)
                                              File "C:\Users\Media\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.module.routing\lib\routing.py", line 115, in run
                                                self._dispatch(path)
                                              File "C:\Users\Media\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.module.routing\lib\routing.py", line 126, in _dispatch
                                                view_func(**kwargs)
                                              File "C:\Users\Media\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.program.iagl\addon.py", line 94, in list_archives_by_category
                                                for list_item in IAGL.get_game_list_categories_as_listitems():
                                              File "C:\Users\Media\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.program.iagl\resources\lib\main.py", line 874, in get_game_list_categories_as_listitems
                                                game_lists_dict = self.get_game_lists()
                                              File "C:\Users\Media\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.program.iagl\resources\lib\main.py", line 695, in get_game_lists
                                                header_string = byte_string.decode('utf-8')
                                              File "C:\Program Files\Kodi\system\python\Lib\encodings\utf_8.py", line 16, in decode
                                                return codecs.utf_8_decode(input, errors, True)
                                            UnicodeDecodeError: 'utf8' codec can't decode byte 0xe2 in position 9999: unexpected end of data
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
2019-03-17 15:17:41.039 T:7988   ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.program.iagl/archives/categorized
2019-03-17 15:17:41.041 T:9008   ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.program.iagl/archives/categorized) failed

Any hints?

Thanx
  Marco
Hello,

To return to the translation, with the file string.po it is possible to translate almost the entire program except for a few hard-coded words ...
In the settings.xml file we find the word "Disabled" for the choice of additional emulators.
In this same file, one also finds the word "List All" for the number of item per page, that it is possible to translate in view of the program; but it does not seem possible to pass it in the language file (values and not lvalues).
It remains the texts "Browse All Lists", "Browse By Category", "Search" and "Last Played" ... I did not find where to translate them or how to pass the translation...
(2019-03-17, 16:30)deMarco73 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

Any hints?

Thanx
  Marco

I can't recreate this issue. I would ensure you have 2.1.0 installed, or uninstall and reinstall. If the issue still persists, please link to a full debug log from pastebin / hastebin.
(2019-03-17, 16:30)deMarco73 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

2019-03-17 15:17:40.943 T:5932   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.UnicodeDecodeError'>
                                            Error Contents: 'utf8' codec can't decode byte 0xe2 in position 9999: unexpected end of data
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\Media\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.program.iagl\addon.py", line 1227, in <module>
                                                plugin.run(sys.argv)
                                              File "C:\Users\Media\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.module.routing\lib\routing.py", line 115, in run
                                                self._dispatch(path)
                                              File "C:\Users\Media\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.module.routing\lib\routing.py", line 126, in _dispatch
                                                view_func(**kwargs)
                                              File "C:\Users\Media\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.program.iagl\addon.py", line 94, in list_archives_by_category
                                                for list_item in IAGL.get_game_list_categories_as_listitems():
                                              File "C:\Users\Media\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.program.iagl\resources\lib\main.py", line 874, in get_game_list_categories_as_listitems
                                                game_lists_dict = self.get_game_lists()
                                              File "C:\Users\Media\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.program.iagl\resources\lib\main.py", line 695, in get_game_lists
                                                header_string = byte_string.decode('utf-8')
                                              File "C:\Program Files\Kodi\system\python\Lib\encodings\utf_8.py", line 16, in decode
                                                return codecs.utf_8_decode(input, errors, True)
                                            UnicodeDecodeError: 'utf8' codec can't decode byte 0xe2 in position 9999: unexpected end of data
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
2019-03-17 15:17:41.039 T:7988   ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.program.iagl/archives/categorized
2019-03-17 15:17:41.041 T:9008   ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.program.iagl/archives/categorized) failed

Any hints?

Thanx
  Marco
Im getting the same error, but i know why. Setup my system on Windows and loaded it on my Android box. It seems IAGL writes the full path to dat_files instead of special path so its not  universal. I set all my default emulators and IAGL writes them all as windows paths instead of special. Looks like ill have to change them all to special://home manually. I created a dummy addon with all the needed emulators as dependencies so when the dummy addon is installed it installs all the binary game addons i need for the setup after i copy it to a different OS. But didnt forsee this issue, no biggie.

**Wait, where is that path being stored to? Cant seem to find it?
**Edit, found it in dat_file_cache.json
Q, so i think if i delete dat_file_cache.json before moving it to android box it should rewrite the android path?

**Edit, nevermind, lol. Not really the same error. This is all fixed by clearing the list cache before moving to Android box. Im typing before thinking, lol.
@zachmorris Hi Zach, using IAGL 2.10 with Kodi 18 Rapier Skin, the IAGL viewtype numbers don't correspond with Rapier skin viewtype numbers.  Would it be possible to add an option to enter custom numbers, or would this break the IAGL addon views?
Thanks Smile
(2019-03-19, 02:12)TonyBirt Wrote: [ -> ]@zachmorris Hi Zach, using IAGL 2.10 with Kodi 18 Rapier Skin, the IAGL viewtype numbers don't correspond with Rapier skin viewtype numbers.  Would it be possible to add an option to enter custom numbers, or would this break the IAGL addon views?
Thanks Smile

I can probably just add the missing viewtype numbers to the list (unfortunately every skin uses different ones). I can't find the list of numbers for that skin though, is there a list available somewhere?
Any pointers on getting Gen Plus GX working for Sega CD Games? Picodrive works, but is only for 64 bit Android. I have the 3 Bios files in resources/system. bios_CD_E.bin, bios_CD_J.bin, bios_CD_U.bin.

**Edit, ok, looks like its just some games like Sonic CD, just get black screen.
(2019-03-22, 04:32)jdig4240 Wrote: [ -> ]Any pointers on getting Gen Plus GX working for Sega CD Games? Picodrive works, but is only for 64 bit Android. I have the 3 Bios files in resources/system. bios_CD_E.bin, bios_CD_J.bin, bios_CD_U.bin.

**Edit, ok, looks like its just some games like Sonic CD, just get black screen.

Checked some of them too, I think there might be an issue with some of the game files so I'll take a look at updating it.
Thanks Zach, another issue popped up recently. The search functions seen to be broken. The search and Random play functions are throwing errors. This is tested on clean install and only your repo and IAGL installed. Searched Contra and Mario for example.  Heres the log:  https://pastebin.com/ZkGj3q7p