Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Internet Archive Game Launcher
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

Since the update to 2.1, I can't see the overlay of the framerate from retroplayer anymore in the bottom left corner of the screen, I use this to confirm I have gone into zoom mode for the Vice C64 emulator. I'm not sure this is working either as it seems to take ages to load the c64 games now. i had them setup correctly before update to do exactly this function.

I do really like the new menu when you hit the escape key now, could you put in an option to open retro player in game setting as well? Just an after thought.
(2019-03-23, 18:28)jdig4240 Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks Zach, another issue popped up recently. The search functions seen to be broken. The search and Random play functions are throwing errors. This is tested on clean install and only your repo and IAGL installed. Searched Contra and Mario for example.  Heres the log:  https://pastebin.com/ZkGj3q7p

The log shows your Atari ST game list file is corrupted somehow. I can add some additional code to account for that, but I can't recreate the issue on my end.
(2019-03-24, 02:05)zachmorris Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-03-23, 18:28)jdig4240 Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks Zach, another issue popped up recently. The search functions seen to be broken. The search and Random play functions are throwing errors. This is tested on clean install and only your repo and IAGL installed. Searched Contra and Mario for example.  Heres the log:  https://pastebin.com/ZkGj3q7p

The log shows your Atari ST game list file is corrupted somehow. I can add some additional code to account for that, but I can't recreate the issue on my end.  
 Yes, it seems Atari St list is broken. It will not open the list either. I have cleared data a few times and reinstalled IAGL with the same results. You sure theres nothing wrong with the Atari ST list?
Ok, so heres where I think i was going about the search and random game search the wrong way. It seems that you must choose a game list for the search to work, or choose "Any List". For example, if i only enter a title and click Execute search it will error out. So maybe a suggestion, if you click execute search without choosing a game list maybe have the Choose game list window open instead of erroring out? Or just a message that says "Please choose a game list first"?  I didnt realize you must choose a game list for the search to work. I just thought entering the title and clicking execute search would search all lists by default.

Ok, so heres the thing. It seems after i browsed the listed and successfully performed a search once, that error goes away. So to replicate the error, it seems it must be on a fresh install, then go to the search and enter a title and click execute search. Then you should see the errror im talking about. I guess it no biggie now tha i know the workaround, but it was confusing the heck out of me for a while, lol.
@zachmorris List for the Rapier Skin

List Info: 58
List Info 2: 66
List Info 3: 95
Thumbs Info: 97
Wrap Info: 53
3D Wrap: 588
Fanart: 583
Wall: 69

The ones I would be using are 95 & 97,   thank you.
(2019-03-25, 04:14)jdig4240 Wrote: [ -> ]Ok, so heres where I think i was going about the search and random game search the wrong way. It seems that you must choose a game list for the search to work, or choose "Any List". For example, if i only enter a title and click Execute search it will error out. So maybe a suggestion, if you click execute search without choosing a game list maybe have the Choose game list window open instead of erroring out? Or just a message that says "Please choose a game list first"?  I didnt realize you must choose a game list for the search to work. I just thought entering the title and clicking execute search would search all lists by default.

Ok, so heres the thing. It seems after i browsed the listed and successfully performed a search once, that error goes away. So to replicate the error, it seems it must be on a fresh install, then go to the search and enter a title and click execute search. Then you should see the errror im talking about. I guess it no biggie now tha i know the workaround, but it was confusing the heck out of me for a while, lol.

Thanks, that help me reproduce the issue. It was an issue with the Atari game list (badly formatted xml). It's been resolved and will be in the next addon update. The search issue should also work as you expect it to with this fix.
(2019-03-25, 06:05)zachmorris Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-03-25, 04:14)jdig4240 Wrote: [ -> ]Ok, so heres where I think i was going about the search and random game search the wrong way. It seems that you must choose a game list for the search to work, or choose "Any List". For example, if i only enter a title and click Execute search it will error out. So maybe a suggestion, if you click execute search without choosing a game list maybe have the Choose game list window open instead of erroring out? Or just a message that says "Please choose a game list first"?  I didnt realize you must choose a game list for the search to work. I just thought entering the title and clicking execute search would search all lists by default.

Thanks, that help me reproduce the issue. It was an issue with the Atari game list (badly formatted xml). It's been resolved and will be in the next addon update. The search issue should also work as you expect it to with this fix. 
You da man, thanks!
Strange, today every favorite that points to a mame adult game will not load.  Looking at the log I see the errors specific to those but also a lot of general errors with other games in my favorites.  Nothing has changed on my side, was working fine last night.

https://pastebin.com/SdAJvrc9
hi

been having problems removing games from my favorite list. Nothing happens when I remove and when I go back to the previous menu I have two favorite list  under the same name. Looking in the dat_files folder I see my favorite list and iagl also creates a temp.xml with the game removed.  This is with a fresh install k18.

log

dat files
Is it possible to download ROM games for IAGL via PC on USB and then to start it from KODI on Android device via USB? Download should be quicker on PC than directly within KODI on Android device. So, can we access download path from PC? Thanks.
(2019-03-29, 16:46)nailboy Wrote: [ -> ]hi

been having problems removing games from my favorite list. Nothing happens when I remove and when I go back to the previous menu I have two favorite list  under the same name. Looking in the dat_files folder I see my favorite list and iagl also creates a temp.xml with the game removed.  This is with a fresh install k18.

log

dat files

Thanks for the debug log, I'll take a look. You got to a place in my debug I never expected! Confused

xml:

ERROR: XFILE::CFile::Rename - Error renaming file ...\plugin.program.iagl\dat_files\temp.xml
DEBUG: IAGL: Temporary XML file could not be renamed. How on earth did you get here?
(2019-03-25, 17:03)SimonC Wrote: [ -> ]Strange, today every favorite that points to a mame adult game will not load.  Looking at the log I see the errors specific to those but also a lot of general errors with other games in my favorites.  Nothing has changed on my side, was working fine last night.

https://pastebin.com/SdAJvrc9

I see an error, but can't quite undestand what's causing it. Could you put your favorites file in a pastebin too, so I can try and recreate the issue?
@zachmorris I do you happen to have the .bat launchers in proper name format for ExoDos. Or can you explain how you got the names, I am looking to get these .bat files with correct names to scrape, Thank you
(2019-04-05, 18:12)joseph1984 Wrote: [ -> ]@zachmorris I do you happen to have the .bat launchers in proper name format for ExoDos. Or can you explain how you got the names, I am looking to get these .bat files with correct names to scrape, Thank you

IAGL downloads a bat file for launching, and a config file, and the game files for eXoDOS games. The config file should be the correct name. From what I understand, the BAT file is named the way it is because DOSBOX (SVN) will not launch a bat file with the 'proper' name because it doesn't follow the long filename (LFN) standard of DOS.

For example, with solitare you get the folder:
Solitare (folder)
- Solitare (1985).conf
- 9C4CC90F.bat

IAGL launches the BAT file, but some systems may be able to launch the conf file directly.
Thx for this add-on, its awesome! I have one simply thing to ask... where is located the downloaded ROMs folder? i will make a new partition with a ssd and i want to save the downloaded ones. Thanks again in advance. Kodi is awesome, pure awesome.