Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Internet Archive Game Launcher
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok I’ve looked up everything I can but can’t figure this out

I’m on libreelec 9.0.2

Rpi 2

Every game I seem to try is choppy for lack of a better term audio video the hole thing stuttering. Mame, NES whatever is there something I’m missing?
(2019-07-11, 20:33)allmotormark Wrote: [ -> ]Ok I’ve looked up everything I can but can’t figure this out

I’m on libreelec 9.0.2

Rpi 2

Every game I seem to try is choppy for lack of a better term audio video the hole thing stuttering. Mame, NES whatever is there something I’m missing?

Once the game is playing (either on Kodi or in Retroarch), IAGL is out of the loop. If you're using Kodi / Retroplayer, suggest disabling rewing in the game settings, that may help.
Any other tips? Rewind is disabled still same
I was curious about multiple disc games such as those found on the PS1.  I know IAGL will download the files but using the built-in Kodi PS1 emu will it change the disc when needed?  My last related question, a game such as Command & Conquer has a disc for GDI and another for NOD but there does not seem to be any way to access the NOD disc although IAGL downloaded it.

Thanks!
(2019-07-12, 17:38)SimonC Wrote: [ -> ]I was curious about multiple disc games such as those found on the PS1.  I know IAGL will download the files but using the built-in Kodi PS1 emu will it change the disc when needed?  My last related question, a game such as Command & Conquer has a disc for GDI and another for NOD but there does not seem to be any way to access the NOD disc although IAGL downloaded it.

Thanks!

Kodi unfortunately doesn't yet have any disc swapping functionality. The only thing you can do is either browse to the disc you want to start via the Kodi Game menu section (file browser) and try to launch it, or use external Retroarch and use the disc swapping functions it has. You might be able to change the name of a save file created from of disc one when it asks to swap discs and rename it for disc two, but YMMV.
Is there a reason why SNES ROMs are slow I'm playing Mario world and it's like I'm playing in molasses
Disabling rewind in the game settings helped me.
Hello Zach,
Thank you for your great job.

Actually, I tried to install IAGL on the mi box s but I can't launch or download any game rom. I follow the steps to install your program but it didn't work.

The log file says :
Quote:Error type : <type 'exceptions.AttributeError'>
Error Contents : 'iagl_infodialog' object has no attribute 'download_button'

I suspect it could be the problem but I didn't success to solve it. Can you help me please ? 

Best regards
(2019-07-22, 17:58)loopy03 Wrote: [ -> ]Hello Zach,
Thank you for your great job.

Actually, I tried to install IAGL on the mi box s but I can't launch or download any game rom. I follow the steps to install your program but it didn't work.

The log file says :
Quote:Error type : <type 'exceptions.AttributeError'>
Error Contents : 'iagl_infodialog' object has no attribute 'download_button'

I suspect it could be the problem but I didn't success to solve it. Can you help me please ? 

Best regards

Based on what you provided, I can't tell what the issue is. You can paste a debug log (enable debug logging in Kodi settings, then recreate the issue, then upload the log) to pastebin or hastebin and provide a link to it to review.
Hi Zack,
I'm using Kodi 18.3 on Android on China TV Box (Amlogic s912-Android Nougat based). I was trying to setup IAGL to use Retroarch for NES using Nestopia UE core (I already have BIOS and XML in system folder). 

I got the configuration done as per Wiki, however I'm unable to launch games through RetroArch. Whenever I click on Launch game, screen goes blank for less than a second and I return back to list in Kodi. I have tried the workarounds mentioned in Wiki like update command for specific list to use Retroarch Nestopia Core but no luck.

I tried to analyse the issue by
1) by launching the game ROM downloaded in temp_IAGL folder directly through Retroarch
2) running the command which was generated in log file via terminal emulator 
Code:
/system/bin/am start --user 0 -a android.intent.action.MAIN -c android.intent.category.LAUNCHER -n com.retroarch/.browser.retroactivity.RetroActivityFuture --es "LIBRETRO" "/data/data/com.retroarch/cores/nestopia_libretro_android.so" --es "CONFIGFILE" "sdcard/Android/data/com.retroarch/files/retroarch.cfg" --es "ROM" "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/plugin.program.iagl/temp_iagl/River City Ransom (USA).nes" --es "IME" com.android.inputmethod.latin/.LatinIME

Both of these were successful, so I guess my emulator and configuration is setup correctly. I wonder what's still going wrong ?

Below is link to my kodi.log file.
https://paste.kodi.tv/onegufoyet.kodi
First i tried without updating command (Super Mario Bros 3), secondly I tried after setting the core (River City Ransom). I'd appreciate it if you could take a look and help me figure out what's going on here.
@abe786 - we don't support devices here that violate our piracy policy (wiki), such as yours. Please actually read the forum rules (wiki) that you accepted and agreed to when you signed up here.

The forum moderators have determined that banned addons (wiki) are present on your system. To receive assistance here, these banned items must be removed. If a clean log is not submitted within 3 days, then the relevant post(s) will be removed after this time.
(2019-07-31, 10:41)abe786 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Zack,
I'm using Kodi 18.3 on Android on China TV Box (Amlogic s912-Android Nougat based). I was trying to setup IAGL to use Retroarch for NES using Nestopia UE core (I already have BIOS and XML in system folder). 

I got the configuration done as per Wiki, however I'm unable to launch games through RetroArch. Whenever I click on Launch game, screen goes blank for less than a second and I return back to list in Kodi. I have tried the workarounds mentioned in Wiki like update command for specific list to use Retroarch Nestopia Core but no luck.

1) by launching the game ROM downloaded in temp_IAGL folder directly through Retroarch
Code:
/system/bin/am start --user 0 -a android.intent.action.MAIN -c android.intent.category.LAUNCHER -n com.retroarch/.browser.retroactivity.RetroActivityFuture --es "LIBRETRO" "/data/data/com.retroarch/cores/nestopia_libretro_android.so" --es "CONFIGFILE" "sdcard/Android/data/com.retroarch/files/retroarch.cfg" --es "ROM" "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/plugin.program.iagl/temp_iagl/River City Ransom (USA).nes" --es "IME" com.android.inputmethod.latin/.LatinIME

Both of these were successful, so I guess my emulator and configuration is setup correctly. I wonder what's still going wrong ?

Below is link to my kodi.log file.
https://paste.kodi.tv/onegufoyet.kodi
First i tried without updating command (Super Mario Bros 3), secondly I tried after setting the core (River City Ransom). I'd appreciate it if you could take a look and help me figure out what's going on here. 
Cleaned Log
https://paste.kodi.tv/falakoziwi.kodi
(2019-07-31, 13:32)abe786 Wrote: [ -> ]...

Well it looks like you've done everything correctly. If you can enter the command into the terminal and it works then I'm at a loss, since this is essentially what Kodi is doing automatically.
Some ideas to try:
Edit the command and remove the '--user 0' portion. It's possible you're box has some weird permissions thing going on. Alternatively, if you have root, you can give sudo permissions to Kodi, that might work too.
Verify your config file is the correct one 'sdcard/Android/data/com.retroarch/files/retroarch.cfg'. This is usually the problem when you see a flash and then nothing happens. Retroarch requires the path to be correct otherwise it will launch and then insta-crash. You can verify the config file location in the retroarch directory settings.
(2019-07-21, 03:36)Fatheroftearsx Wrote: [ -> ]Is there a reason why SNES ROMs are slow I'm playing Mario world and it's like I'm playing in molasses

Hello,

I'm having the same problem as you!

Did you find the solution
(2019-08-01, 18:58)zachmorris Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-07-31, 13:32)abe786 Wrote: [ -> ]...

Well it looks like you've done everything correctly. If you can enter the command into the terminal and it works then I'm at a loss, since this is essentially what Kodi is doing automatically.
Some ideas to try:
Edit the command and remove the '--user 0' portion. It's possible you're box has some weird permissions thing going on. Alternatively, if you have root, you can give sudo permissions to Kodi, that might work too.
Verify your config file is the correct one 'sdcard/Android/data/com.retroarch/files/retroarch.cfg'. This is usually the problem when you see a flash and then nothing happens. Retroarch requires the path to be correct otherwise it will launch and then insta-crash. You can verify the config file location in the retroarch directory settings.
Hi Zack

Thank you so much for replying. I have verified the file path it does look correct and have manually updated the launch command to below( to remove - user 0)
Code:
/system/bin/am start -a android.intent.action.MAIN -c android.intent.category.LAUNCHER -n com.retroarch/.browser.retroactivity.RetroActivityFuture --es "LIBRETRO" "/data/data/com.retroarch/cores/nestopia_libretro_android.so" --es "CONFIGFILE" "%CFG_PATH" --es "ROM"  %ROM_PATH% --es "IME" com.android.inputmethod.latin/.LatinIME

Anyway both of above did not help, still issue persists
Box might be having permissions issue though as I'm running a custom ROM but i do have root. However I could not figure out how to give the permission to kodi since it does not ask? Can you give some pointers?