Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Internet Archive Game Launcher
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2019-09-20, 15:47)Bugginfelix Wrote: [ -> ]Are there issues with the 2.1.2 update? I can’t get any of the n64 emulators to to open any roms anymore through IAGL and Retroarch and snes roms are defaulting to a list of downloadable emulators inside kodi when you click to play the rom through IAGL. Ive even tried to download the Emulator’s that kodi gives you but they are unplayable (slow and jerky) I’ve switched up emulators in retroarch and verifies rom paths. This was a working setup but now it’s missing two of my favorite systems. I’m on a firestick using kodi 18.2 IAGL 2.1.2

I don't think anything has changed with IAGL and Kodi, but things have changed with Retroarch on android with their latest version. Are you running 1.7.7 or above? Are you trying to play the games with Retroarch or Kodi Retroplayer? If you get slow jerky playback in Kodi Retorplayer, try turning off rewind in the Kodi Game settings.

Specific to your issues:
(2019-09-20, 15:47)Bugginfelix Wrote: [ -> ]snes defaulting to a list of downloadable emulators inside kodi
Right click on your SNES list, select update launcher, then select External
Rick click again on your SNES list, select update launch command, then select whatever Retroarch core you want to launch with (SNES9X for example)
Right click again on your SNES list, select View List Settings. A window should show you what your settings are and they should say Launch Externally, and the command will be a long string that looks something like this.

Follow similar instructions for N64, which is only playable currently with external Retroarch.
I am using 1.7.7. I’ve also. Priced that the .cfg file that the iagl setup wizard asks for is no longer in the system folder but now in a folder labeled “android” from the file path window you’re provided during iagl installation.

When you say right click (remember I’m on a firestick) do you mean the options (hamburger) button on the firestick remote? And I am trying to ply everything through retroarch because of the slowdown issues I keep running into with the kodi options.

Any suggestions on which emulator in android retroarch would be best for n64 there are 3 options to choose from.
I really don’t see anywhere in kodi on a firestick that I can change the emulator the iAGL is trying to open a rom with. I was able to turn off rewind but that’s all I’ve been able to find.0
will there be any option of choosing different scrapers to pull the artwork in the future,as where it grabs it from currently misses loads.
(2019-09-21, 00:02)Bugginfelix Wrote: [ -> ]I really don’t see anywhere in kodi on a firestick that I can change the emulator the iAGL is trying to open a rom with. I was able to turn off rewind but that’s all I’ve been able to find.0

Take a look at the wiki here, it should walk you through setup for each game list.
(2019-09-21, 09:02)kpop Wrote: [ -> ]will there be any option of choosing different scrapers to pull the artwork in the future,as where it grabs it from currently misses loads.

Everything in IAGL is pre-scraped, which is why (hopefully you notice) the images load so quickly. Which game lists do you find miss loading images?
Hello. I want to apologize for my English. I have some problem with the IAGL: I configured the addon to work with an external Retroarch emulator. To control the Kodi and retroarch I use a gamepad connected via bluetooth (dualshock 4). The problem is that when I start the game using the add-on, input from the gamepad goes to retroarch and to the Kodi. So while I try to play, in the background Kodi launches something else. In the addon settings, I found 2 parameters that I thought would help: pause the Kodi when the retroarch starts or turn off the Kodi. But unfortunately these parameters have no effect. Can anybody help?
Kodi (v18.3) is installed on Arch Linux (x86) and works as a standalone service. Without a display manager (like lightdm, etc.), without a desktop environment (like xfce, etc.)
(2019-09-26, 12:56)pet_lev Wrote: [ -> ]Hello. I want to apologize for my English. I have some problem with the IAGL: I configured the addon to work with an external Retroarch emulator. To control the Kodi and retroarch I use a gamepad connected via bluetooth (dualshock 4). The problem is that when I start the game using the add-on, input from the gamepad goes to retroarch and to the Kodi. So while I try to play, in the background Kodi launches something else. In the addon settings, I found 2 parameters that I thought would help: pause the Kodi when the retroarch starts or turn off the Kodi. But unfortunately these parameters have no effect. Can anybody help?
Kodi (v18.3) is installed on Arch Linux (x86) and works as a standalone service. Without a display manager (like lightdm, etc.), without a desktop environment (like xfce, etc.)

A few other users have mentioned this issue. I can't personally recreate it, so if you can generate a debug log, that would be great. Kodi isn't supposed to keep control and for some reason it is in your case.

You are using the correct option to fix this, which would be 'Close Kodi on Launch'. Perhaps it doesn't work with your configuration for some reason. The script called to exit Kodi on launch is here.

I'd suggest you look in your Kodi log after trying to launch a game, the log will show something like:
xml:

IAGL: Sending Launch Command: "../resources/bin/applaunch.sh" "../retroarch" -L .../nestopia_libretro.so "mygame.nes"

You can copy and paste that command into a command prompt and see where the error lies.
(2019-09-27, 01:27)zachmorris Wrote: [ -> ]A few other users have mentioned this issue. I can't personally recreate it, so if you can generate a debug log, that would be great. Kodi isn't supposed to keep control and for some reason it is in your case.

You are using the correct option to fix this, which would be 'Close Kodi on Launch'. Perhaps it doesn't work with your configuration for some reason. The script called to exit Kodi on launch is here.

I'd suggest you look in your Kodi log after trying to launch a game, the log will show something like:
xml:

IAGL: Sending Launch Command: "../resources/bin/applaunch.sh" "../retroarch" -L .../nestopia_libretro.so "mygame.nes"

You can copy and paste that command into a command prompt and see where the error lies. 

Thank! Yes, I found the scripts in the bin directory. But I did not understand how they work: I renamed bin to bin_bad, but the addon continued to work as if nothing had happened. But now is not about that. In the same directory is the script apppause.sh. It has the necessary command to send a stop signal to the Kodi process. If I just manually execute something like kill -s SIGSTOP PID, then, of course, the Kodi will stop responding to the gamepad. It remains to understand why this does not happen automatically. If the logic of this process is the same as in the script, then quite possibly the wrong PID stops. Scripts from the bin directory somehow affect the operation of the addon? If not, where can I see the code?
(2019-09-27, 08:17)pet_lev Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-09-27, 01:27)zachmorris Wrote: [ -> ]A few other users have mentioned this issue. I can't personally recreate it, so if you can generate a debug log, that would be great. Kodi isn't supposed to keep control and for some reason it is in your case.

xml:

Thank! Yes, I found the scripts in the bin directory. But I did not understand how they work: I renamed bin to bin_bad, but the addon continued to work as if nothing had happened. But now is not about that. In the same directory is the script apppause.sh. It has the necessary command to send a stop signal to the Kodi process. If I just manually execute something like kill -s SIGSTOP PID, then, of course, the Kodi will stop responding to the gamepad. It remains to understand why this does not happen automatically. If the logic of this process is the same as in the script, then quite possibly the wrong PID stops. Scripts from the bin directory somehow affect the operation of the addon? If not, where can I see the code?

Yes, I think you're on the right track. I've never used arch linux, but I'm guessing the PID for arch is different somehow, so the script doesn't correctly stop Kodi. What does the output of the following show:

xml:

ps -A | grep [k]odi-standalone | head -1 | awk '{print $1}'

xml:

ps -A | grep [k]odi-x11 | head -1 | awk '{print $1}'

xml:

ps -A | grep [k]odi | head -1 | awk '{print $1}'
(2019-09-27, 16:28)zachmorris Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, I think you're on the right track. I've never used arch linux, but I'm guessing the PID for arch is different somehow, so the script doesn't correctly stop Kodi. What does the output of the following show:

xml:

xml:

xml:

You know, I found a solution to this problem. Not very beautiful, but working. I checked the commands with the ps utility from the apppause.sh script - they find the PID (actually the ps works the same in all Linux distributions). I also launched the script with the parameters for the retroarch manually - it works. The Kodi process falls asleep when the retroarch starts, and wakes up when the retroarch finishes work. But if you run retroarch from the addon, then in the log there will be such a record:
xml:

2019-09-27 19:07:05.197 T:140249459431168 NOTICE: IAGL: Sending Launch Command: "/usr/bin/retroarch" -L /usr/lib/libretro/snes9x_libretro.so "/var/lib/kodi/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/plugin.program.iagl/temp_iagl/Batman Returns (USA).sfc"
You see? The addon for some reason does not add a script to the launch parameters. There is neither appstop.sh nor apppause.sh. Although in the settings I specified these parameters. Why these settings are not applied, I still do not understand. I tried to find the answer in main.py, but have not figured it out yet. The only thing I could come up with was to manually change the launch option from the add-on menu: select the game console, call up the menu, select the Update Launcher Command, select Manually Input Command and then, at the beginning of the launch command, I added this:
xml:

/var/lib/kodi/.kodi/addons/plugin.program.iagl/resources/bin/apppause.sh

After that, in the View List Settings, you get something like:
xml:

/var/lib/kodi/.kodi/addons/plugin.program.iagl/resources/bin/apppause.sh "%APP_PATH%" %NETPLAY_COMMAND% -L %RETROARCH_CORE_DIR%/snes9x_libretro.so "%ROM_PATH%"
Now it works as it should Smile
(2019-09-27, 18:19)pet_lev Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-09-27, 16:28)zachmorris Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, I think you're on the right track. I've never used arch linux, but I'm guessing the PID for arch is different somehow, so the script doesn't correctly stop Kodi. What does the output of the following show:

xml:

xml:

xml:

You know, I found a solution to this problem. Not very beautiful, but working. I checked the commands with the ps utility from the apppause.sh script - they find the PID (actually the ps works the same in all Linux distributions). I also launched the script with the parameters for the retroarch manually - it works. The Kodi process falls asleep when the retroarch starts, and wakes up when the retroarch finishes work. But if you run retroarch from the addon, then in the log there will be such a record:
xml:

2019-09-27 19:07:05.197 T:140249459431168 NOTICE: IAGL: Sending Launch Command: "/usr/bin/retroarch" -L /usr/lib/libretro/snes9x_libretro.so "/var/lib/kodi/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/plugin.program.iagl/temp_iagl/Batman Returns (USA).sfc"
You see? The addon for some reason does not add a script to the launch parameters. There is neither appstop.sh nor apppause.sh. Although in the settings I specified these parameters. Why these settings are not applied, I still do not understand. I tried to find the answer in main.py, but have not figured it out yet. The only thing I could come up with was to manually change the launch option from the add-on menu: select the game console, call up the menu, select the Update Launcher Command, select Manually Input Command and then, at the beginning of the launch command, I added this:
xml:

/var/lib/kodi/.kodi/addons/plugin.program.iagl/resources/bin/apppause.sh

After that, in the View List Settings, you get something like:
xml:

/var/lib/kodi/.kodi/addons/plugin.program.iagl/resources/bin/apppause.sh "%APP_PATH%" %NETPLAY_COMMAND% -L %RETROARCH_CORE_DIR%/snes9x_libretro.so "%ROM_PATH%"
Now it works as it should Smile

Yes, thats exactly what the addon setting does if you choose 'Pause Kodi on Launch'. Not sure why it didn't work initially. Dont forget you have to either re-run the wizard or change the launch setting on the game list after you enable either of those settings (so the addon appends the apppause or applaunch command to each launch command.
(2019-09-27, 18:52)zachmorris Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, thats exactly what the addon setting does if you choose 'Pause Kodi on Launch'. Not sure why it didn't work initially. Dont forget you have to either re-run the wizard or change the launch setting on the game list after you enable either of those settings (so the addon appends the apppause or applaunch command to each launch command. 
I correctly understood that if I don't start the installation wizard, then the parameters "put Kodi on pause" and "turn off Kodi" do not apply to the launch parameters automatically? I launched the installation wizard ... now all consoles have an apppause.sh script in the launch options. I completely overlooked this point with the installation wizard ...
(2019-09-27, 20:19)pet_lev Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-09-27, 18:52)zachmorris Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, thats exactly what the addon setting does if you choose 'Pause Kodi on Launch'. Not sure why it didn't work initially. Dont forget you have to either re-run the wizard or change the launch setting on the game list after you enable either of those settings (so the addon appends the apppause or applaunch command to each launch command. 
I correctly understood that if I don't start the installation wizard, then the parameters "put Kodi on pause" and "turn off Kodi" do not apply to the launch parameters automatically? I launched the installation wizard ... now all consoles have an apppause.sh script in the launch options. I completely overlooked this point with the installation wizard ...

I will update the wiki to clarify
(2019-09-27, 21:06)zachmorris Wrote: [ -> ]I will update the wiki to clarify 
Thanks for this. Addon is just awesome!